PDA

View Full Version : 3d Viewer

jpaluck
12-22-2011, 01:44 AM
This was my project as of late. This machine got me into modeling and now websites...lol..damn cw. Anyways I wanted to figure out how to display 3d models online and have the viewer ineract with them for zoom rotate and pan. I was really suprised there was not much out there. My other challenge was I wanted something that did not require any additional download of software, so that basically leaves flash and java. I tried the pdf but didn't like that much due to dl time and presentation is limited.

I figured this is a really neat way to show patterns, and also a neat way to show things to end customers..carving prototypes. Adobe is most likely come out with some really neat things in th next year or so with stage3d/molehill for flash...but for now it's kinda slim pickens unless your a hardcore programmer...lol which I am not..I try.

Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.carvepattern.com/3dtest/3dviewer2.html

brdad
12-22-2011, 06:01 AM
Nice. I can see where this could be very handy. It dragged a bit on my system, but that is par for the course lately with my old system. I hear some guy named Gates is coming out with something named 'Windows'... Maybe I should try that out. :-D

dbfletcher
12-22-2011, 06:04 AM
Looks pretty awesome to me! Damn you "non programmer types"! I think I liked it better when everyone though of us Information Technology folks as Magicians (or gods...). Now that everyone is learned our secrets I guess we have been pulled back down to earth with you mortals. Anyways, I cant find any flaws with what you have done. Great job.

Kenm810
12-22-2011, 06:25 AM
Nice Job John, Very Impressive

Show what you can do when you put your mind to it, key words "your mind" -- with my mind I wouldn't have a chance -- lol

henry1
12-22-2011, 06:37 AM
I have to say very impressive nice now would love to know to learn this is there a school that teaches this lol ,, Merry Christmas & Happy new Year,, you to ken

fwharris
12-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Great job John! This added element really adds another feature for the customers, both the carver and the ones who want carvings done.