PDA

View Full Version : Editing a pattern?

jaustin
12-19-2011, 11:48 AM
I purchased the cribbage board pattern from terry and the deer pattern from the pattern super store.
Is there any way that i can remove everything out side of the circle so the deer pattern will be round so it will fit inside the pattern area of the cribbage board?

bjbethke
12-19-2011, 12:09 PM
I purchased the cribbage board pattern from terry and the deer pattern from the pattern super store.
Is there any way that i can remove everything out side of the circle so the deer pattern will be round so it will fit inside the pattern area of the cribbage board?

You need to use the Chip Carving function and set it to Inclusive, also set the "Feather" to zero.

mtylerfl
12-19-2011, 12:30 PM

Hello,

BJB is correct of course - use Clip Carving: Inclusive. This feature was demonstrated and illustrated in the very first issue of the Tips & Tricks Oct. 2007 http://www.carvewright.com/downloads/tips/CarveWright_Tips_and_Tricks_Oct07.pdf (step 7, pg. 3)

When you have the chance, take a read through the Tips issue. Lots of handy info there.

jaustin
12-19-2011, 11:49 PM
Thanks that worked and I keep forgetting about the tips and tricks. I even have them all printed out and spiral bound.