PDA

View Full Version : multi error messages

c_mjenkins
12-18-2011, 11:47 AM
hello, i recently installed the carve tight and the 907 upgrade package and have went thru the guide several times and everything looks good. but now when i try to run a project it comes up with a poss board removal error or please close cover or y axis stall. i never had any of these before i made the upgrade but im not sure what i could have done wrong. i talked to cw and they had me check a few things but they ended up being puzzeled they are supposed to call me back but havent done it yet. hopfully someone has some ideas . thank you

Digitalwoodshop
12-18-2011, 01:46 PM
So with SO many Errors.... Lets look at the Basics first.... You got a new 14 pin cable to replace your old 18 pin cable and you got circuit boards for both ends and you DID change them.... Because plugging in a new wider 14 pin cable with a old 18 pin circuit boards will short out the system..... Look at my pictures and make sure you have 14 pin boards on both ends.... and you used the new 14 pin cable.

The flat FFC Cable can be installed 180 degrees out.... AS in rolling it length wise.... The Contacts are only on ONE side.... It is possible to put the cable in with the PLASTIC SIDE in the Contact Side of the Socket.....

And the Close Cover..... Well... The Plug for the left cover switch should be installed with the white wire toward the center of the machine.... Installing it 180 degrees out, and YES YOU CAN.... I DID..... Gives you Close cover all the time....

Look at the last picture... If the Exposed Contacts on the end of the folded over FFC Cable are UP..... Then that is part of the problem....

AL

c_mjenkins
12-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have already double checked these items while on the phone with cw and everything checked out ok.

Digitalwoodshop
12-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Then I would have them send you another package and replace one part at a time...

AL

mtylerfl
12-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have already double checked these items while on the phone with cw and everything checked out ok.

Perhaps you should review your steps and TRIPLE check everything using Al's great advice as a knowledgable and experienced guide. I'll bet you'll get 'er going without having to order any new parts.:)

Digitalwoodshop
12-19-2011, 01:45 PM
I did get the "Dissmissed"... Feeline.... Sad for the Matag Repairman this time of year..... Waiting for the Phone to Ring.... Polishing my Screwdriver.... Dusting my Socket Set.... Checking the Phone to be sure it was still connected.... Sad.....

LOL.... I crack myself up......

Yes, I bet it is something overlooked... It could be possible that a old 18 pin Board got mixed up in a 14 pin Board Storage Bin at LHR and shipped with the kit.... And since it came from LHR it MUST be good.... People make errors.... The Pictures are the best bet. I speak "Circuit Board" having made a few projects from scratch in my time.... So if you don't speak "Circuit Board" then it is possible to get a wrong part... And the FFC Cable WILL fit in a 18 pin Socket.... but it will SHORT OUT the computer and power supply with it's thicker, wider flat cable pins.

AL Who....

mtylerfl
12-19-2011, 02:41 PM
AL,

I think you should start charging for Tech Support...your advice, insight and photo-documentation has helped a ton of folks. I bet you've saved a bunch of us several thousand cumulative dollars. Maybe you could get a 900-number.:)

TerryT
12-19-2011, 04:37 PM
A 900 number? Would we all have to breath funny when we called him? LOL....

Ike
12-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Lol Al does have the voice for it! One thing I am sure you were asked, but are you running the latest software? I wouldn't be surprised once it gets going it will carve off center!

Ike

Digitalwoodshop
12-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Well... My 900 number... That is a Hoot.... I have thought of making my repair advice into a PDF with pictures that lets me just pick the problem and post the PDF... LHR does have a really GREAT Troubleshooting Guide..... And Parts List....

As of today I have a grand total of $12.65 in my checking.... I have $2.5K out in Invoices.... The Money would be Good... But I do this for FUN..... I pick up a $550.00 check tomorrow so I am Good.

I am on a break as a High School buddy who is the County EMA asked me to make some Accountability Tags for his 4 Year Old Grandson... Fire Trucks are his big interest.... So the Press is warming up and I will deliver 8 tomorrow... 1 to KEEP and show Other Fire Fighters..... And 7 to send along.... My Website on the back along with my QR Code..... Could Generate a FUTURE Order.... Going to Gobleville FD in VA....

Let me see if a PDF will attach.....

AL Who... Ho Ho Ho....

Hey... That WORKED... Cool.... Back to Work... As my Buddy said... A New Product Line... Noveltie Accountability Tags... Lots of Kids interested in FIRE TRUCKS... and If I did them as Samples.... They get out to Real Fireman.... And could produce a REAL ORDER.... REAL MONEY.... Very Cool..... Plus they look Great on a Book Bag.....

1 AM Update.... Tags are ready for Delivery and I am done for the night... Grandpa will be Happy...

c_mjenkins
12-20-2011, 10:59 AM
ok first i would like to thank everyone for the advice, especially AL whos pictures helped give me the confidence to know i had installed the upgrade right and stick to my guns and not send my entire machine in to be serviced by cw like they wanted, thanks. now it turns out that it was a bad z pack motor, we found this by leaving the old motor in and just changing the board and that fixed it, then just to be sure i left everything hooked up and put the new motor back in and the errors came right back, so i think thats solved. so now once i get ahold of cw again ill ask them to send a new motor and ill return this one. but for now im up and running again on the old motor and the new carve tight wow what a difference its like a whole different machine. the only issue i have now is a x tracking problem when i do a cut path on a project say 24 in or bigger each pass is slightly off in the x direction y direction seems fine.

Digitalwoodshop
12-20-2011, 03:10 PM
GOOD JOB !!!! and Thank YOU.... My Carving Buddy GEORGE had strange Z Problems and the fix was sending the New Z back and they sent him a NEW ONE.... So lets be aware that there can be some BAD Z Motors..... And Remember NEVER Open the SERVO MOTOR and Remove the Armature. Opening the Encoder Cover is OK.... Remove the Servo Armature from the Permanent Magnet Stator and it loosed magnatisim.... I have posted this before... With all the Website Backup Documentation... My Navy Analog Computer Days taught me.... We had a "Magnetic Keeper" that we placed on the Motor to maintain the Flux lines when replacing servo bearings... Once a CW Servo is opened it needs to be Re Magnified in a Jig....

That X Cut Path is Classic X Brass Roller is loosing contact with the board. Either the In or Out Feed table is too high and the board bumps into it or a belt is rolled under, or the board is being only held by 1 roller during the end cut and tipping UP and loosing contact with the Brass Roller..... It is ALL About the Brass Roller...

Checking Account is happy again and so is my Buddy the EMA... "Grandpa"... His Wife, my Classmate was in Tears....

Here is a Classic Brass Roller slipping.... or loosing contact... I preach using Masking Tape to let the brass roller press into the tape making a rack and pinion.....

AL

liquidguitars
12-20-2011, 04:32 PM
NEVER Open the SERVO MOTOR and Remove the Armature.

Darn to late...

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/395198_237688616299440_138602119541424_554447_9809 95914_n.jpg