PDA

View Full Version : bits for text

davidbf
12-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Can I use the 60 or 90 degree v-bits for text if so how do I change to it when laying out my pattern ?

David

lynnfrwd
12-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Must use Centerline Text if u have purchased it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AskBud
12-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Can I use the 60 or 90 degree v-bits for text if so how do I change to it when laying out my pattern ?

DavidAs previously stated, "You need Centerline".
I'll add to that, the need/desire for Conforming Vectors as well.

My "Download" link, below, has a lesson titled Conforming Vectors. It shows the application of Centerline text using the V-bit, and a Vector line using a ball nose bit, and how Conforming Vectors will come in handy.

Both Centerline and Conforming Vectors are software add-ons and there is no shipping fee. For the cost, both will give you a large pay-back.

Enjoy the lesson.
AskBud

SteveEJ
12-18-2011, 01:43 PM
If all you are doing is text and want it V-Carved all you need is vectors ans can assign a bit to each separate line. If you want to ise built in fonts then you will need Centerline and if you want to conform to the to the surface of a carved project then you will need conforming vectors.

Example of the first would to be design a vector 'text' file and save it into Adobe Illustrator as a '.ai' file. Then you can use AI2MPC to convert that to a .MPC file. Load the .MPC file into Designer From there select each vector (line) and assign a bit and cut depth.

Designer has the ability to do that within itself but as stated it takes add-in's based on the need.

Hope this helps.

Dan-Woodman
12-18-2011, 04:21 PM
You can use those bits with "outline" also.