PDA

View Full Version : trial pattern 4655.ptn

Rick P
12-17-2011, 01:01 PM
I downloaded a "Trial" pattern from the CW Pattern Store...a sign blank pattern 4655.ptn.

I could type in using Centerline the text I want...BUT, when I tried to place another pattern in the blank area I could NOT get the pattern to show up...I'm confused? ... if I buy the sign blank pattern will I be able to add a pattern to it???

fwharris
12-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Rick,

Try the "merge" function and also try setting the depth the same for both.

Old Salt
12-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Do you have centerline conform .
you must hit conform to place center line in a carved region.

Rick P
12-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Rick,

Try the "merge" function and also try setting the depth the same for both.

OK...when I use "Additive" I lose the centerline text...when I use "Subtractive" the text appears...

I do not have Centerline Conform ... is that add-on software we have to buy ??

I'm guessing I'm sol without Conform...?

Old Salt
12-17-2011, 02:33 PM
You can use Raster letters and you may try outline but conforing is a addon but worth it.

cestout
12-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Conforming vectors is a $50 add on that is well worth the money! I allows vector cdarving (which Centerline is) to be placed on carved areas. EX. If you make a rectangle carved area 3/8 deep and dome it to barrel shape and det the hight to 999, you can carve a name there and it looda impressive. Spend the $50 and update your licenses - no waiting for shipping. A little box to check will appear at the right end of your tool bar.
Clint

TerryT
12-17-2011, 04:17 PM
I agree that conforming vectors is something you should get, but I don't think you need it for this issue.
Try this.....
Set the sign pattern to a depth of about 0.35 then set the height to abut 60 (reduces chipping of the edges). Next check the depth of the surface of the sign pattern that you plan to put the text and the other pattern on. Set both the second pattern and the text to this depth. Use some draft on the text and set it's height to about 50 ot 60. You should be at a good starting place to make your final adjustments. Play with the depth AND height of each element until you get it the way you want.
Hope this helps