PDA

View Full Version : Hinge Pattern

roughcut
12-16-2011, 02:44 PM
I’ve been experimenting making wooden hinges for some of my boxes. I bought a Inca hinge crafter but I need to find a 1/2” bull nose bit
and the home depot don’t have one so I guess after Christmas I’ll order one on line any way I scanned a few metal hinges if any one can make use of them
feel free to download them

cestout
12-16-2011, 06:42 PM
Should be fun to play with. Built into a box would be interesting.
Clint

DickB
12-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Coincidentally, I'm working on a folding iPad stand that uses hinges. As you can see, this one's not done yet.

Would you mind posting those patterns as mpc or export to png so others could edit them?

roughcut
12-16-2011, 09:06 PM
To edit them you need them to be ptn so they will load into your pattern editor just click on one of them and it should just go right to your pattern editor or maybe its right click ???????????????

eelamb
12-16-2011, 10:35 PM
The only way to edit a pattern is if it is uploaded as an image height map, or uploaded as a MPW file. PTN and patterns in an MPC can not be edited by others.

bergerud
12-16-2011, 11:26 PM
I have posted how you can change the file extension of an artwork .mpw file to .ptn and upload to the forum. The file will open and be editable in designer. (Just to keep things straight, I would change the file extension back to .mpw but you do not have to.)

I have a naming convention suggestion for the forum. Whenever we want to share a editable pattern, add _mpw to the name. For example,

myfile_mpw.ptn .

Now we will know it is really an artwork file and not a protected pattern file. The reason it is important to know the difference is because the renamed .mpw file will not import into the Designer favorites. The file is useful only to people with the Pattern Editor. After you save it in your Pattern Editor as a pattern, you can then add or import it to your favorites.

(Of course this is a stupid work around for the fact that .mpw is not a valid file extension for upload to the forum. Maybe we should lobby for the extension to be made valid.)