PDA

View Full Version : 200 Hour Review

will-munny
12-16-2011, 01:48 PM
I just surpassed 200 hours of carve time and thought I would give my honest review. While I dont post often, I do read the forum about everyday.

I purchased my machine in December of 09, so about two years ago. I had my machine about 4 months before I actually used it. I read and read and read the forums during this time. My first conclusions were replace the quick change chuck and get a dust collector. I did. I purchased the rock chuck from r justice and the ring neck blues dust collector. Both products well worth the money. I got the chuck installed along with the dust collector and off I went.

I am a weekend hobbyist, so my 200 hours is over an 18 month time period, so on average just over 11 hours per month of carving. So here goes.

My sandpaper belt rolled over about 8 months ago and I had to trim it off. It did it again this weekend while measuring a 1X12X48 oak board so I trimmed it again and off it went.

Thats the only thing I have had go wrong for me. By reading the forums, I know im getting close to the 250 hrs where several items may need replacing and some more servicing, so call me lucky or whatever, but not one problem for me. Keep it clean ,pay attention, and take advice from the members here, thats my advice.

I can honestly say I think the machine is AWESOME. I am a real estate agent, and make signs for the people we work with and they just love them. So my 200 hr review ends with that and hopefully 200 more hours of trouble free carving.

Digitalwoodshop
12-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Good Job and Happy Carving....

Another Happy Story....

AL Who

Kenm810
12-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Thumbs Up on that One!! --- Love to start my evening, reading Post like that.

SteveEJ
12-16-2011, 03:52 PM
I haven't used my machine in a good 7-8 months. I cleaned and lubed it after last use as I knew it would be a while. Yesterday, kmowing I would be using it again, did a little PM on the cable by soaking it in some lube with moly. This morning I wiped down the cable and let it dry off good (yup, I did learn from this forum) and heated up the shop. O loaded the board and got a clear board sensor error.. I wiped off the lens cover on the sensor and off it went on a 5.5 hour carve. Not a single hiccup!

A little PM and some simple care and we are good to go! Great job CW! The only thing it ever thought it needed was a good and balanced chuck but that is WAY in the past!

Merry Christmas to all!

Digitalwoodshop
12-16-2011, 06:52 PM
And not a single post about the QC.... What a change..... Reliability.....

AL

Ducky63
12-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Was in Texas from Dec. 5-12. Got to meet my good friend Robert Dages & went to LHR. Met Connie & alot of the people there. Had a plant tour plus ordered my parts for 250 hour. Thank you Robert for setting up the tour for us & to Connie for taking the time out to show my wife & I around & to each one that took time out of their busy day to talk with us & show us things about the machine.

lynnfrwd
12-16-2011, 09:16 PM
Enjoyed having you and your wife. Hope you enjoyed Texas!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk