PDA

View Full Version : software crashes

newcarver
01-21-2007, 08:34 AM
Has anyone else had the problem with the software crashing alot(lockingup)??
The trial ran better than the regular.

BobHill
01-21-2007, 09:22 AM
If you are crashing your software, I'd first look to your Operating system to see if perhaps that's the problem. What version of Windows or MAC are you operating with? If a PC, do you regularly perform a DEFRAG (necessary even for XP SP2 users.) And have you establish plenty of cache for software operations? That's the first thing I'd check. do you have any problems with other high end programs?

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

Jon Jantz
01-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Mine only crashes when I 'Right-click' in the blank space of the Library. Clicking on a pattern doesn't do it, but anywhere else in the pattern area causes Designer to shut down.

I'm just careful not to do it, and it's quit happening...

newcarver
01-21-2007, 12:08 PM
The crash also happens when the right click is done in the library.
I defrag at least twice a week, and also run alot of high end programs.
The cache is also not the issue

Greybeard
01-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Just checked my setup and found that designer crashes with the "library right click". The pc carries on though, with the usual message from Bill about sending hiim the info.

John

pkunk
01-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Ya'll got me curious so I tried it on my Mac. No crash. :) 'Course I haven't had this program crash ever. :D :D

BobHill
01-21-2007, 02:45 PM
Me too ! No crash when I do anything with library or any place on it with a right Click or Right double click... NADA. For it to occur with multiple people but not multiple people is strange and, of course must be due to something common to the two sides, but have no idea what that might be unless it's in the Demo version only. But John, are you on Demo?

Bob

Greybeard
01-21-2007, 04:45 PM
No Bob, I'm on full, but don't ask :wink:
John