PDA

View Full Version : Text slection not the same for new -be

myshop1044
12-16-2011, 09:18 AM
I was giving some training to a friend of mine and I ask him to pick a text call "Modern", to show him
the single stroke style. Well he could not find "Modern" in his pick list of text, he found "modern by 20".
That one does not show up in my pick list. We are running the latest verison of software.
How about anyone checking to see if "Modern" shows up in your text pick list and let me know.

Connie any ideas on this.

Perry

crfahy
12-16-2011, 09:23 AM
I have both modern and modern no. 20. I think the software recognizes whatever fonts you have on your computer.

bjbethke
12-16-2011, 09:34 AM
I was giving some training to a friend of mine and I ask him to pick a text call "Modern", to show him
the single stroke style. Well he could not find "Modern" in his pick list of text, he found "modern by 20".
That one does not show up in my pick list. We are running the latest verison of software.
How about anyone checking to see if "Modern" shows up in your text pick list and let me know.

Connie any ideas on this.

Perry

It looks like that font comes with the programs you have installed on your computer.

TerryT
12-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Fonts do not come with the Carvewright software. The Carvewright software works with fonts already on your computer, therefore not everyone will have the same fonts. You (or he) can download many of the fonts you want for free from "free font sites".

myshop1044
12-16-2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks fellows, that clears up the question, you learn something new every day.

Thanks again

Perry

lynnfrwd
12-16-2011, 10:51 AM
They are all correct. It accesses the same font folder that Word & Excel use.

Digitalwoodshop
12-16-2011, 11:54 AM
And that brings back a point.... Back about 3 years ago, ChrisAlb was still my Neighbor and we did some Signs for a Summer Camp... He did the Designs and I did the Cutting..... He was going to do the finishing... So I cut the first batch and take them to him... The FONT was DIFFERENT..... He said... "YOU CHANGED THE FONT !!!!!!"....... I said... no....... Just loaded the Card and Cut.....

Well.... With THAT version of the program Designer would just substitute a close font and keep it a secret..... Hence the problem..... SO Chris and I learned that in the notes with the email and file would be the FONT NAME.... Just to check it.....

SO in the latest version that I am running 1.177, I have opened some projects that have been posted on the Forum and if the Font used was NOT on my Computer then it would show up in the Font List offset and Higlighted... As in "Not HERE BOSS....." So you then know to download the font from a Free site.

Good Luck,

AL