PDA

View Full Version : Won't select project and start! Just did rubber belt upgrade....

woodsbaypoint
12-11-2011, 02:51 PM
I just finished the rubber belt upgrade and want to get carving again. Now after fiddling with it not recognizing that the board was fully compressed it will measure a board. But it will not let me select the project from the menu and start the carve. Any ideas would be appreciated.

David

mtylerfl
12-11-2011, 03:08 PM
I just finished the rubber belt upgrade and want to get carving again. Now after fiddling with it not recognizing that the board was fully compressed it will measure a board. But it will not let me select the project from the menu and start the carve. Any ideas would be appreciated.

David

Hi David,

Not much info to go from, but here's a shot-in-the-dark guess!...

Put the card in the machine, turn the machine on. If it says “Scan Area”... Press option “0”. Scroll down to number 5, User Options. Scroll down to Scan Probe. Make sure it is on “cover” instead of "Z truck". After you have done this, power down, then power back up and see if you can now select your project.

Might not have anything to do with your problem, BUT won't hurt to try. Let us know if this fixed the problem for you or not.

Digitalwoodshop
12-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Need more input..... More details.... Using Options and Sensor Data.... What do the Rollers show... Crank down on a board and release... Does is show compressed and un compressed...

AL

woodsbaypoint
12-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Turns out for some reason the project just took forever to load. I've never experienced that. This is just a set of words carved in centerline text on a long board. It did forecast a 6 hour carve time - so maybe that makes the load take several minutes....

I was also having trouble getting the rollers to sense enough pressure, but fixed that by lubricating the the mechanism. Now I'm getting an error during the measuring the board step, and I will next work that problem. I did blow off the sensors and did a sensor check getting 144 when a board in place and 0 when I raised the crank and moved the board. Not sure why still the message after the machine passes the board back and forth, but need to spend more time on it.

I'm using a very long board (13 feet long) and the back is not perfect. My next step is to create a simple carve on a perfect board and see if that works. At least the time involved to debug it will be reduced....

Appreciate the responses! It can be very frustrating to be stuck on a Sunday with a deadline !!

David

Digitalwoodshop
12-12-2011, 02:21 PM
13 feet..... WOW.... That is pushing the limits..... And the back need to be PERFECT..... As in it needs to have a perfect edge at the Brass Roller.... That rocking back and fourth is the Brass Roller loosing contact with the Board..... Masking Tape on the Brass Roller Board Edge would help.

IF you could shorten the board it would be better.... Or at least have 4 sets of out feed rollers.....

I would order some spare parts..... 2 sets of X Gears, Board Sensor, 2 FFC Cables..... At a minimum....

I see 5 posts.... If you have not.. Read Tips and Tricks.... WELCOME !!!

AL