PDA

View Full Version : Error E06-0893

bowfingers
12-11-2011, 01:02 PM
I am having trouble with the Z axis, I got a error code E06-0893 The bit comes down and touches the plate, it then comes down two more times and does not touch. When I set up for jog to bit touch, the bit touches the wood one time and then tries to touch two more time but up off the wood surface. I tried to move the Z truck with the power off, it is hard to move and very jerky. Is it time for a new Z motor or could there be another problem?
Denny

Ike
12-11-2011, 01:29 PM
One thing that was the first thing to check was the plastic gear. Check the teeth for wear or any broken. Then if I recall check the bearings and if all is good then a new Z motor may be need? Now until you get a response from Al Digitalwoodshop. You can call him also.

Ike

fwharris
12-11-2011, 01:29 PM
I would start by checking the Z roller bearings to see if they are binding/dirty. Mark each one with a marker then watch the rotation as you move the truck up and down. Start at the top position, when the truck is moved to the bottom your marks should be lined up with each other like they were at the top position.

bowfingers
12-11-2011, 04:03 PM
I would start by checking the Z roller bearings to see if they are binding/dirty. Mark each one with a marker then watch the rotation as you move the truck up and down. Start at the top position, when the truck is moved to the bottom your marks should be lined up with each other like they were at the top position.

I marked the bearings with a marker ran it up and down and everything looks fine, I can't see any broken teeth on the gears, any idea what a new Z motor costs?
Thanks,
Denny

bergerud
12-11-2011, 05:23 PM
My guess would be that either the z bearings are too tight or they have dust in them. The z truck should move up and down smoothly by hand. (The power has to have been off for a little while or the motor may give some resistance.) I used a dental pick to pop off the bearing seals. Blow them out and lightly oil. If it is dust in the z bearings, the y bearings will probability need the same treatment.

bowfingers
12-18-2011, 04:44 PM
My guess would be that either the z bearings are too tight or they have dust in them. The z truck should move up and down smoothly by hand. (The power has to have been off for a little while or the motor may give some resistance.) I used a dental pick to pop off the bearing seals. Blow them out and lightly oil. If it is dust in the z bearings, the y bearings will probability need the same treatment.
Well I took off the Z truck and took the covers off the bearing and lubed them, put it back together and still had the same problem. I ordered a new Z motor and installed it and ran a couple of projects and then the Z truck started to stick again. I took it apart and found scratch marks on the inside slot where the belt runs. I then noticed that one of the tiny screws in the clip on the Z truck that attaches to the belt was loose and rubbing and was the cause of my problems. I have read a lot of the posts on troubleshooting but I have never heard of this problem before.
Thanks’ for all of your help!
Denny