PDA

View Full Version : can the bit selection be checked/changed?

brewmeister35
12-10-2011, 12:20 PM
I am trying to carve a project that uses bits I don't have. Is there a way to see which bits are used for which part of the project and can they be changed?

Thanks,

David

myshop1044
12-10-2011, 12:46 PM
David, yes you can. Just click on the line or section you want and then right click, do edit bit and see what is being used and then change it to fit your use.

Perry

brewmeister35
12-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks Perry,

I figured out part of it. I changed the main carving bit but it has edge routing too. When I click the edge rout icon, it shows the available bits, but I can't figure out how to see which bit is already chosen.

David

bergerud
12-10-2011, 01:13 PM
I think it is always the one at the top of the dialog box when it first opens. (It would be nice if it was highlighted.)

AskBud
12-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks Perry,

I figured out part of it. I changed the main carving bit but it has edge routing too. When I click the edge rout icon, it shows the available bits, but I can't figure out how to see which bit is already chosen.

DavidIf there is an Edge Route, you may confirm the bit be looking at your designed MPC on the PC.
Highlight the Edge Route, click on the Edge Route Icon, and the selection chart appears. The bit shown on gray, is the bit assigned.

If you wish to make a new selection, or change the depth settings, you may do so. You may load these new settings to the card as well as resave the MPC, if you wish.

The same process works with most bit confirmations.
AskBud49669

brewmeister35
12-10-2011, 02:15 PM
This doesn't show any of the bits in gray, but it clearly shows the classic ogee routed in designer.

David

AskBud
12-10-2011, 02:35 PM
This doesn't show any of the bits in gray, but it clearly shows the classic ogee routed in designer.

DavidPerhaps you are not talking about an Edge Route (which is around the entire project board).
Maybe you are looking at a cut-path, which also has a fancy edge applied. Highlighting, and confirming, this cut-path is somewhat different. Reviewing the cut-path itself will only show the settings for the cutting bit. However, if while highlighted you click on the Bit Icon, you will see the special bit that has been applied.

Sometimes, the maker may replicate the outline so one may only use the cut-path, and the other applies the special router bit.

Attaching the MPC will better assist in helping you learn the process.
AskBud

brewmeister35
12-10-2011, 02:54 PM
I get a message saying the file is too large. Here's a link to where he posted it http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?19289-Cribbage-Board-My-Version&highlight=cribbage+board and it's posted on littleredworkshop with a link to the file in post 18.

David

AskBud
12-10-2011, 03:15 PM
I get a message saying the file is too large. Here's a link to where he posted it http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?19289-Cribbage-Board-My-Version&highlight=cribbage+board and it's posted on littleredworkshop with a link to the file in post 18.

DavidAs I suspected, you have encountered a cut-path not an edge route!
My previous statement applies as to confirming the special Ogee bit.
AskBud49672

AskBud
12-10-2011, 03:35 PM
My Download" link, below, has a lesson titled "Understand and Modify a MPC".
It shows some of the concepts I use to verify someones MPC. However, I'm going to make a new lesson that just covers bit confirmation. The title will be "MPC-Bit Confirmation". It will be in place later tonight.
AskBud

brewmeister35
12-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Video helped a bunch. Thanks again Bud!

David

AskBud
12-10-2011, 06:52 PM
My "Download" link, below, has a new lesson titled "MPC-Bit Confirmation".
Related lessons are titled "Understand and Modify a MPC" and "Bit Verification - Problem".
AskBud