PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!machine not working!!

CLARKSCUSTOMDOORS
12-07-2011, 12:40 PM
In middle of doing many project needed for chirstmas and I am having major trouble!!!
Load board, enter project, load bits etc and then NOTHING!!! It says its routing design but it is
not doing anything!!!! Have no idea what to do now!! I only have 26 hours of time on my machine.
Please help me sort through this!!! THANKS!!!!

AskBud
12-07-2011, 12:58 PM
In middle of doing many project needed for chirstmas and I am having major trouble!!!
Load board, enter project, load bits etc and then NOTHING!!! It says its routing design but it is
not doing anything!!!! Have no idea what to do now!! I only have 26 hours of time on my machine.
Please help me sort through this!!! THANKS!!!!Do a test of a different small project, just to prove the machine is good or bad.
If the test project works, I would review the one causing trouble, re-load the card, and try it again.
AskBud

CLARKSCUSTOMDOORS
12-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Still does not work, does everthing up to the point of carving, then nothing!!!!

AskBud
12-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Still does not work, does everthing up to the point of carving, then nothing!!!!Time to call LHR, while at your machine.
(713) 473-6572

lpj1019
12-07-2011, 02:02 PM
I agree with AskBud.....when I first bought my CW I had a similar issue, I re-formatted the memory card and reinstalled my project.....even sometime just clearing the job setup, rebooting the machine might help as well, that helped once with a board tracking problem that I had awhile ago.

Digitalwoodshop
12-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Yes, re format the card and load the latest designer and load the projects and do it again.... Load the same no go project but also load a simple circle made into a carve region just to test the machine....

This problem could be a Thickness Problem.... Your board is too thick...

You can call me too, my number is on the bottom of my web pages below.

AL

LittleRedWoodshop
12-07-2011, 06:51 PM
It sounds to me like the switches need cleaned ... check the cover switches. If the machine is going through all of the motions and the cut motor is not coming on it could be that simple.

You can press 00 (zero, zero) on the keypad and it will get you into the menu that lets you look at the status of all of the sensors on the machine. Arrow through to cover switch (I am not sure exactly what it says) open and close the cover and see if the status changes from open to closed. if one of them reads OPEN then clean them.

liquidguitars
12-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Wild guess that one of the cut motors wires could be out of it's conector or a bad cut motor brush...

flex shaft is bad?

CLARKSCUSTOMDOORS
12-08-2011, 12:23 PM
THANKS all of you for the help, did contact Carvewright and hopefully I will up an running again soon!!!
Appreciate all of the HELP!!!!!

AskBud
12-08-2011, 01:25 PM
THANKS all of you for the help, did contact Carvewright and hopefully I will up an running again soon!!!
Appreciate all of the HELP!!!!!What were the findings!
AskBud

lynnfrwd
12-08-2011, 08:43 PM
X drive gears stripped. Not sure beyond that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLARKSCUSTOMDOORS
12-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Now that I have changed the gears on the x drive I think we have corrected all problems.
But ashame that after only 24 hours of carving that I needed to change this!!!
Back to carving. and THanks for all of your help.

TerryT
12-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Yep, make sure you use GOOD wood. It must be flat, level and have parallel edges. If it binds up while going through the machine it can break the x gears pretty quick.