PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye to Jack the Cat

LittleRedWoodshop
12-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Since I consider you guys to be family ...

Today I lost a good friend, Jack the Cat ... Jack has been with us for about 13 years and soon after we adopted him we brought Diane home.

Anyone that knows me very well at all knows that I love music "JACK & DIANE" ... "2 American Kitties Growin' Up in the Heartland ....."

Jack became ill about 6 months ago, he had a thyroid condition, but today at about 5:22 pm EST we lost him. I remember telling Meredith, "I hate cats ... you're not taking him home." Well she won and so did I ... Jack has been a great cat and he will be missed. Jack was the only cat that I had ever Known that would meet you at the door and follow you around the house just to see where you were going. It is amazing how they get in your heart ....

The good news in all of this is the fact that about a month ago we added 3 month old "Tommy Two Tone" the cat to the family ... he and Jack became instant friends ... him being here should also make this easier on the ladies in my house.

God speed Jack ... we love you and you will be missed.

http://i44.servimg.com/u/f44/14/04/28/42/38988910.jpg

James RS
12-06-2011, 05:35 PM
I know how you feel, my wife and I had a good friend by the name of General leave us a few years ago, After a short while we went to the same shelter and a little black furry paw
reached out and swatted my wife. Kato has been with us for about 4 years now, we got him a friend 2 years ago by the name of Payne

May this bring a little smile to your face.

LittleRedWoodshop
12-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Jack and Tommy ... they were instant friends ... . .

andes
12-06-2011, 05:41 PM
My heart goes out to you, as I know exactly how you feel; about two months ago I lost my cat, she was with me for 20 years, I still have my moments.

dbfletcher
12-06-2011, 05:47 PM
I also feel your pain. I found losing a pet was much harder than a friend. You pet relies on you 100%. And they cant "talk" to you to tell you when something is wrong, but it has always amazed me at how quickly you find a pseudo language that you share with them. Just by their manor-isms, sounds, or even the way they look at you, we are often able to know exactly what they need. I have never had children, so maybe it is the same with them when they are young. But I cant imagine my life without my pets. The bring immeasurable comfort and companionship to me.

You have my sincere and heartfelt condolences.

Ike
12-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Jason I am so sorry and words can not express how sorry I am. I am a cat lover and lost my best friend almost years ago and there is not a day I don't think about her.

Hang in there my friend,

Ike

liquidguitars
12-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Sorry Jason.

fwharris
12-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Jason,

Truly sorry to hear about your loss. Them little warm fuzzy guys have a way of getting into your hearts!

rcdages
12-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Jason,

I am very sorry to hear about your loss.

You and I and other members of our CW/CC/LHR family know how deep in our hearts our pet's become family members. They love us with no condition.

I woke up today and went to check on my cat's and one of them had pass during the night. She was 15 years old.

Ike
12-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Oh no Robert! I am sorry my cat has not been feeling well and I have a calico that is 16 years old and I cherish everyday with her. Robert call me please.

Ike

lynnfrwd
12-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Jason,

I am very sorry to hear about your loss.

You and I and other members of our CW/CC/LHR family know how deep in our hearts our pet's become family members. They love us with no condition.

I woke up today and went to check on my cat's and one of them had pass during the night. She was 15 years old.

That is sad! Sorry for you Robert and for Jason and others too!

My husband thought our lab had passed this morning. Ends up, she was just sleeping REALLY hard. Not sure she will last long though.

rcdages
12-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Connie,

Pleased that your lab is fine.

Great to see you and the LHR crew yeasterday.

rcdages
12-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Ike,

I'll give you a call.

lynnfrwd
12-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Connie,

Pleased that your lab is fine.

Great to see you and the LHR crew yeasterday.

Always a pleasure to see you, Robert. I also enjoyed meeting Ducky63 and his wife down from Iowa (that's the "I" state north of Nebraska; now west of Wyoming...my geography was a bit off yesterday!).

Ducky, hope you guys enjoy our great state of Texas!!