PDA

View Full Version : Mis-cutting the round box MPC

signman9999
12-01-2011, 07:03 PM
I have carved this round box MPC many times with success. Now when I carve it and it cuts the drill portion, the two steps to cut to depth are mis-aligned. I created a new MPC and cut it on the same board but it mis-cut also. Attached is a picture and the MPC used. I am almost positive it is in the machine, I have not checked the pressure yet but am about to do that now. If anyone has another suggestion for me, I would gladly accept it.
49473 The carving on the left is the new MPC and on the right is the original round box mpc. I got this mpc off of the forum here a couple of years ago, I think.

Digitalwoodshop
12-02-2011, 12:01 AM
Your X Brass Roller is loosing contact with the board.

You may have a Turned Under Sand Paper Belt at the Brass Roller... Raising the wood away from the Brass Roller.

The Brass Roller tells the Computer the Board Length Position also called the X Direction. Loose Contact and the board moves and the Computer does not know it moved.... To make every cut in the correct position the X must contact all the time.

Other Things:

Head is no longer level as in the Cross Connect turning the far side Jacking Gear has skipped a tooth or two.

On the bottom of the machine the screws in the 4 up right posts could be loose.

Some have found Masking TAPE on the under side of the board helps the Brass Roller bit the wood.

The Rolled under belt is hard to see.... If it is missing on the other side.... It's rolled under.... I tear off a 3/4 inch strip at the brass roller....

Good Luck,

AL

signman9999
12-02-2011, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the direction Al

Digitalwoodshop
12-02-2011, 01:50 AM
Your Welcome.... Sometimes when the Sand Paper Belts get sawdust packed, they can let the board slip too.... Especially if it is a hard smooth board like Maple or Oak.

Also place a wide board in the machine and put a bit in the Chuck. On the LCD call up Options, Sensor Data, and Z Data. It will read 0000 until it is moved. Touch both left and right side of the board pushing the head down to touch the Wood. Look at the Z Data to look for a Level Head. Or place a wide board in the machine and a strip of paper on each side. Crank Down then try to pull the paper out.... If one side comes out and not the other, the head is not level. The Cross Connect Gears and Shaft under the machine sometimes come loose and skip a tooth. Then the Jacking Screws are not the same..... Disconnect one side and adjust level and connect it back up.

Then there is staying under the rollers and not staying under the rollers and when the board can tip up when only held by one roller and cause this too as the Brass Roller looses contact with the board. Designing projects with built in 4 inch tails is what I do plus use place on end rather than center on board....

I am Rambling... Almost 3 AM... Just finished painting and checked the Forum.. I will be glad when I am done painting Signs passing the work to my Neighbor...

Good Luck,

AL

If you have not yet looked over Tips and Tricks that helps to learn the machine.

Just fixed my Time Zone.... It was wrong... Got it now...