PDA

View Full Version : Crashing when using Centerline

Rick P
12-01-2011, 01:37 AM
Suddenly when I am using Centerline my computer freezes. When scrolling through the font choices my computer freezes after about 10 seconds. When I do Cntrl-Alt-Del I get a Not Responding message.

Anyone have an idea of what problem has cropped up??

bergerud
12-01-2011, 09:33 AM
My guess would be that one of your fonts is not compatible with centerline. I do not get the crash and I have a lot of fonts. I ran through them all.

mtylerfl
12-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Suddenly when I am using Centerline my computer freezes. When scrolling through the font choices my computer freezes after about 10 seconds. When I do Cntrl-Alt-Del I get a Not Responding message.

Anyone have an idea of what problem has cropped up??

Hi Rick,

I don't know what OS you are using, but...One of my annoyances with Win 7 is that the message "Not Responding" shows up a LOT more than Win XP ever did (it was extremely rare). I don't know what change MicroSoft made that causes this, but when I am opening a large file or even scrolling through a font list (like in CorelDraw) this message will often appear. I wait several seconds and usually the system will proceed, but on occassion, I've had the "freeze" too - particularly having to do with font selection/preview situations. I have no explanation or "fix" really, but wanted you to know you are not alone!

Digitalwoodshop
12-01-2011, 12:44 PM
I had problems with Centerline one time when I changed the spacing of the letters to something over 20, it caused all kinds of problems.... Look at your spacing and bring it down...

AL

Rick P
12-10-2011, 02:34 AM
@ bergerrud: did you add fonts? do you have a font website where you can get them for free?

Rick P
12-10-2011, 02:37 AM
@Michael T: my OS is XP Home. In had to get a new computer since my post...Centerline working fine now.