PDA

View Full Version : Roller Pressure Switch issue...

prowling1
11-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Ok I have blown out the front roller and I can hear the micro switch click when I press up on the roller. But the roller never shows as connected, only as releases. The back roller works great so the issue is the front roller pressure switch. The questions I have is:

1) Any ideas on fixing the issue since it does not seem to be stuck?
2) Is this easy to replace? I can fix almost anything =)
3) Any ideas on price for a replacement switch?

Thanks!!

-Dwayne

henry1
11-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Ok I have blown out the front roller and I can hear the micro switch click when I press up on the roller. But the roller never shows as connected, only as releases. The back roller works great so the issue is the front roller pressure switch. The questions I have is:

1) Any ideas on fixing the issue since it does not seem to be stuck?
2) Is this easy to replace? I can fix almost anything =)
3) Any ideas on price for a replacement switch?

Thanks!!

-Dwayne
hope this help

Date: 06/10/2011 3:15:46 PM
To: jeeplimited@cogeco.ca (jeeplimited@cogeco.ca)
Subject: Carvewright

http://forum.carvewright.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=19616
file:///C:/Users/Henry/AppData/Local/IM/Runtime/Skin/E2FEE5~1/STATIC~1.GIF

Please read the following information carefully to properly fix your compression roller stuck issue.

1. The very first thing you need to do, it’s to carefully review the PDF file; Compression Roller - Cleaning a Stuck Compression Roller (Board Spit Out) (http://www.carvewright.com/service/Maintenence/CarveWright_service_cleaning_rollers.pdf) (PDF) it will explain the most common cause of this issue which is dust and how to properly clean it.
2. If that does not resolve your issue, that means that your roller switch it’s stuck and you will need to manually reset the lever that triggers the switch.
3. Read carefully and follow the instructions explicitly on how to remove the Side Panel, please be careful with the LCD ribbon cable; make sure to unplugged it before removing the side panel.
Panel - Replacement of Left Side Panel/Control Panel/Lateral Stabilizer (http://www.carvewright.com/service/Service_instructions/CarveWright_service_replace_side_panel-control_panel.pdf) (PDF)
4. Now, locate the compression roller switches.
Use the picture below; the red and yellow arrows points the location of the compression roller.
Notice that you have two compression rollers, one for the front and one for the back. Make sure to troubleshoot the corresponding compression roller.

file:///C:/Users/Henry/AppData/Local/IM/Runtime/Message/%7B3801E10A-1C68-4151-805D-2F305041C2A4%7D/Show/image0011.jpg
5. Now, clean any dust accumulated on the compression switch thoroughly, and then push the lever towards inside the switch to reset it, as indicated by the yellow arrow.
This will simply reset its position in order to be trigger by the compression roller.

file:///C:/Users/Henry/AppData/Local/IM/Runtime/Message/%7B3801E10A-1C68-4151-805D-2F305041C2A4%7D/Show/image0022.jpg

6. Reassemble your machine back.

CarveWright, Technical Support

henry1
11-30-2011, 03:01 PM
give me your email in private will send you some pic on what I got

Digitalwoodshop
11-30-2011, 03:12 PM
Well... There is one of 3 things going on with your switches....

1. There is a metal plate that the rubber roller rests on when it is un compressed. When compressed and you blow dust around it rests on this plate in between the gap. When you release the roller it presses on this plate. The dust is compressed over time like Filo Dough and becomes thicker. At some point in time it becomes so thick that it will not let the switch tang fall into the slot showing released. In my pictures, I removed the screws holding the un compressed rollers part way and blew out the Filo Dough. So in picture 3 imagine dust preventing the spring from pushing the metal holding the roller far enough to the plate and not letting the switch tang falling into the hole where the spring is... This would give a always compressed condition... And Compressed and Un Compressed are used when measuring the board to trigger the Board Sensor to turn on... They are very important.

2. Under the machine are 4 screws that go into the bottom of the smooth Rails that the head rides up and down on. I have had the Right side of the Keyboard Screw come loose letting the Whole Smooth Rod raise and never letting the Roller Switch show the correct position. Tighten the Screw....

3. Could have dust inside the switch.... Possible

Good Luck

AL

prowling1
11-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Its not stuck in the "compressed" position. It never compresses. I can hear it click which tells me the switch is being pressed but the machine does not show the contact inside the switch is being made. I am going to try the dismantle and cleaning inside the panel this eve or in the morning. Stay tuned... =)

prowling1
12-01-2011, 04:10 PM
I took the side off and cleaned the heck out of it. The switch however still was not compressing. I then took the side off the switch itself and VERY carefully made sure the contacts were touching. I put the switch back together and it was working about 50% of the time. I then started to spam the trigger, then it started working all the time. The inside of the switch did not look dirty at all but oh well it seems to be working. Thanks for all the help!!

-Dwayne

prowling1
12-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Ok so I went to run a test and the machine started to do the same thing. So I again took it apart. It is working when I crank the head up but not when I crank it down on the board. So that tells me it is something that moves. I took the top off to track down where the wires to the pressure switch go, and they landed on a small pc board. It would seem that the plug they terminate into was about 1/4 way tilted to one side. So all of this was, a loose wire. I took pics of the connector incase anyone else has this issue. hehe

-Dwayne