PDA

View Full Version : Look Who's Santa! - Project of the Month DECEMBER 2011

mtylerfl
11-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Hello,

Here is a preview of the next Project of the Month (for DECEMBER 2011), called Look Who's Santa! This project is a totally “just for fun” item that can transform anyone’s persona into Santa! Great for passing around at the company Christmas party, your family time on Christmas morning or for taking photos of each family member to include with your holiday card mailings! Now you can see what everyone would look like if they were Santa!

The project uses just the two bits that came with your machine. No other bits are required. The assembled Santa (including handle) is about 16½" L x 10¼" W x 1½" thick.

Main items you will need:

1) The Project Files (included):
• Look_Whos_Santa.mpc
• Handle_Oval.mpc

2) Boards with the following dimensions:
Santa: .75" x 11" x 22"
Handle: .75" x 9" x 24"

(NOTE: Do not use boards that are smaller than specified above, or if you are using a sled, you can subtract 7" from the length of the board and have the sled provide the extra 7" required)

3) Sandpaper, wood glue, clamps, stain and/or paint and clear finish

4) A Dremel-type rotary tool with assorted sanding wheels and bits to sand small details and speed up preparation for finishing.

Apply stain/paint and clearcoat of your choice. Here’s what I used on my Look Who's Santa project made from Select Pine:

• spray painted 2 coats of Kilz Primer
(sanded between coats)
• spray painted 2 coats of Krylon Fusion, white gloss
• applied 2 light spray coats of Krylon clear acrylic
• painted red and green areas with acrylic paint
• applied Minwax Special Walnut stain #224 over all, then wiped and dry-brushed most of the stain off for an antique-look glazing technique and enhance details
• applied several spray coats of Krylon clear acrylic

Kenm810
11-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Nice One Michael,

A lot of folks are going to have fun with that Project

TerryT
11-27-2011, 02:53 PM
I think my grand kids would love that. I can imagine them playing with it all through Christmas eve.

Smoken D
11-27-2011, 06:24 PM
Great One Michael! I am still laughing:D

mtylerfl
11-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Thank you - I hope everyone will have a great time with this. I'm 'secretly' hoping someone at LHR will make one, take photos of some of the staff "Santa's" and post the pics on the forum!