PDA

View Full Version : Cannot raise or lower the head.

cpworld
01-20-2007, 03:11 PM
The machine needs excessive torque to raise and lower the head. I took the walls off and by use of a level and by eye it's obvious the head is not properly aligned on both head screws. How can this be fixed? Thx

BobHill
01-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Call CarveWright and explain your problem so you can talk with one of the techs.

Bob

bamaman315
01-21-2007, 01:07 PM
That ended up being my problem causing my back belt to slide to the control panel side of the machine, They had me to lay my machine on its back and remove the 12 screws from the bottom panel. Then you will see a shaft with gears on both ends this is what raises the head up and down. They had me to remove the srcrew and 2 washers from the control panel side of the shaft, then with a measuring tape measure the height of both sides to make sure how much you need to adjust it. then crank the handle to move the head to a level position , when it gets level reinstall the screw with the 2 washers on the shaft . I was also told that I needed to greese the 4 coner screw rods and 2 guides with lithium greese. this makes it easier to crank up and down. I hope this helps. :)

cpworld
01-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Thanx, that worked!