PDA

View Full Version : portrait carving

easybuilt
11-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Here it the same portrait of Joe Ragsdale in Lyptus and Pine. I stained them both in oak and the photo's were taken off facebook. I thought they both came out great but I think the lyptus looks best. Any suggestions?
Should be a great item for christmas gifts so I am going to add these to my web site.

b.sumner47
11-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Hi Tom, Nice work on the portraits. Lypus looks nice,
I'm not too up to speed on it. The pine has the classic knots which add charater. I due agree that the portraits carvings would be a nice for the holidays, under 30 days now.

Capt Barry

brewmeister35
11-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Very nice! I wanted to explain why the pine looked way better but after blowing up the pictures, I have to say the lyptus looks much better. I like the color of the pine better because it closer emulates a black and white but the detail appears better in the lyptus.

David

easybuilt
11-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Thanks for your comments Capt. Barry and David! Yes David I agree with you they are both nice, I think I will use the Lypyus.

CarverJerry
11-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Tom, great job. Would you explain how you made these? If it was a picture off face book how did you convert it? I"ve tried, long time ago, but it really didn't look very good and would love to know just what you did to get this look. I like them both by the way...