PDA

View Full Version : Brushes for The cut motor

camaro
11-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Does anybody know where to buy brushes for the Cut motor other than LHR. Does anybody know what size the brushes are.
I don't like the idea of paying $12 for shipping for small parts.
I'm pretty sure you buy them someplace else Without paying a high price For shipping.

Digitalwoodshop
11-26-2011, 12:27 PM
Post 6 WELCOME if I missed it.... We are about 75 miles away.

I have looked and not found a metric replacement for the Brushes. Found one close but it was twice the price and the Tether was longer. This can let the Copper Steel Spring destroy the Commutator.

SO buy them from LHR.

While your at it... BUY:

2 or 3 FFC Cables

Board Sensor and Board Sensor Cable... Cable used for troubleshooting a board sensor problem.

Some Adjustable Rail Roller Bearings and metric screws

6 Cut Motor Brushes

3 Sand Paper Belts if you use them

2 X Drive Gears

And Y Gear Box Roller Bearings to be replaced every 250 Cut Hours like the Brushes...
http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/5mm/kit768

This will save on Shipping and give you the most common repair parts needed for weekend carving.... And when replacing the Cut Motor Brushes open the motor and blow the sawdust out....

And Know what version of FFC Cable you have.... The old 18 pin or the new 14 pin.... Plug a new 14 pin into the old 18 pi sockets and the short circuit will cost you over $500.00....:roll: New Power Supply and Computer.... See my posts on this with pictures...

Good Luck...

And be sure to read Tips and Tricks....

AL Who

AskBud
11-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Does anybody know where to buy brushes for the Cut motor other than LHR. Does anybody know what size the brushes are.
I don't like the idea of paying $12 for shipping for small parts.
I'm pretty sure you buy them someplace else Without paying a high price For shipping.I have LHR brushes on hand.
AskBud
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?16118-Buds-Inventory-Reduction&p=165634#post165634

CarverJerry
11-27-2011, 12:28 PM
So Al, how much would all those parts cost if one were to order that package? I understand your reasoning but for some of us money is an option too...

edbisme
12-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Is there some trick to installing these brushes? Can't seem to get the cap on before they pop back out. Thought there would be some kind of clip holding them in place. Ideas?

bergerud
12-05-2011, 10:20 PM
Use a dental pick or small screwdriver to hold the brass clip down while you get the cap over it. (I drilled 1/16 holes in the middle of the caps so that I could hold the brass in with a perpendicular wire through the hole in the cap. While holding the brass, the cap simply slides down the wire and screws in. With this trick, it is easy to replace that bottom brush while the motor is still bolted in.)

eromran
12-06-2011, 08:05 AM
Great tip thanks, Al with your shopping list you could almost come up with the twelve days of christmas.

lynnfrwd
12-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Great tip thanks, Al with your shopping list you could almost come up with the twelve days of christmas.

HAHAHA

Wait for it........(I'm sure there's one coming!)

jaustin
12-06-2011, 10:19 AM
How much would that list cost for a C model?

2 or 3 FFC Cables

Board Sensor and Board Sensor Cable... Cable used for troubleshooting a board sensor problem.

Some Adjustable Rail Roller Bearings and metric screws

6 Cut Motor Brushes

3 Sand Paper Belts if you use them (With and without the belts)

2 X Drive Gears

And Y Gear Box Roller Bearings to be replaced every 250 Cut Hours like the Brushes...

lynnfrwd
12-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Depending on the exact quantities you wanted, around $100 to $120ish.

Digitalwoodshop
12-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Thank You Lynn.... I had no clue..... In 2009 I spent around $700.00 in parts all in one order.... This year I placed a big order and got a bunch of stuff.. Last week when I snapped a X Gear, no problem... Had the part... so I am lucky....

Some here know that I almost went Bankrupt 2 years ago as a business... But I recovered and have had 2 good years....

I am so dependent on my machine and since it is a business for me, it's a Tax Deduction for Repair Parts for the machines.... But even with selling over $17K in Stuff this year, many times my Checking was down to twenty bucks... I am always ordering materials for my tags. Just paid the Insurance and I have over $1K in pending bills still to pay... So I just move more money... I have not taken a vacation in 10 years and I drive a 96 Ford Exploder (Certified Clunker). I did splurge and bought myself a birthday present.... A $200.00 Tape Cutter...... Yes... Tape Cutter... A Business Deduction too.... Used to cut the little pieces of tape to hold the Tags to my Transfer sheets.... The Tag Sheet picture is from before I had the machine. I have used it a few times now.... Saves Time....

The important thing is that I am HAPPY..... I love the work I do and the money is Fair for what I do. I am grateful to have a Quality Product that is selling well...

AL