PDA

View Full Version : can't creat cut path after mirroring 1 side

brewmeister35
11-25-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm trying to create a shape for a sign I want to carve. I drew 1/2 the shape and mirrored it. For some reason, they will not connect. I tried drawing over my mirror 1/2, but I can't start a new arc from the bottom point. What am I doing wrong? Here's my project. Someone let me know if i can share this when it's done. I think it might be appreciated by a few people.

Oh yeah, I've searched on this topic because it must have been discussed before and also watched bud's videos but I'm missing something here.

Thanks!

David

AskBud
11-25-2011, 08:40 PM
I've attached a new MPC for this reply.
I,m also sending you a private message.
In my MPC, I deleted your mirror. This is so I can show you how to begin. I then highlighted your original arc line. I then selected the "Connected Line Tool", pointed to the end dot at the top until it glowed, clicked and went down to the bottom end dot and clicked twice (that closes your half figure).
I also applied an arc to this new line portion to assure an overlap. I left the rest for you to do as a learning process.

I then mirrored this figure. From there, I highlighted both and applied a carve area. This allowed me to apply the "Outline" tool.

I can, now, delete both of the original arc lines when I'm satisfied everything is what and where I wish (I can choose to "Hide" them until I feel comfortable, as I may wish to go back to the beginning without re-drawing the lines).
AskBud

brewmeister35
11-26-2011, 05:10 PM
Thanks bud, I think the lightbulb is starting to click on. I made, and remade the sign and a version with a frame. Don't know why I didn't get it after the video but I do get it now.

Thanks again,

David