PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Compucarve

Lmcvey
11-21-2011, 01:07 PM
I bought this new from Sears when this was the only place you could buy on. I have used it 10 times on real small projects. I have just this year added $500.00 + for the tight system. In doing so Now it won't carve it comes up with a error message. I have asked for help fixing it with no luck except to send it in to get it repaired witch I can't afford. So I would like to Have someone make me an offer for it and all the bits and patterns I have. You Pay Shipping!

Larry McVey
mcvey.larry@gmail.com

Old Salt
11-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Sent a PM give me a call

Gary

lynnfrwd
11-21-2011, 04:30 PM
In doing so Now it won't carve it comes up with a error message. I have asked for help fixing it with no luck except to send it in to get it repaired witch I can't afford.

Larry McVey
mcvey.larry@gmail.com

Larry, have you asked on here? These guys are good! Or, have you used the Troubleshooting Guide under Support - Maintenance on our website?

Larry this is not just to you, but everyone:

Often, I hear from customers that "it got an error message and wouldn't work any more, so its been sitting there collecting dust." The fact that you got an error message on your machine is a good thing (so to speak). It is actually a benefit of owning a SERVO motor machine.

There are two types of motors for CNC - Servo & Stepper.

A Servo motor has looped intelligence (it is also faster but that is another topic). So, it knows where it is supposed to be at all times and knows when it is not there or if something is hindering its progress. That's when you get the error message. The message is a warning that it has encountered something and assists you in figuring out what. The most significant benefit is that it protects your machine from major damage.

A Stepper motor just knows it is supposed to take so many steps this direction then that direction, but doesn't know if it is where it is supposed to be or not. It does not communicate back to anything. It just ruins your project and/or damages your machine. Think of a stepper motor this way: cover your eyes and take 20 steps forward, turn 180 degrees and walk back 20 steps. Do you think you are likely to land where you started? Try doing that several times and see how far off you get (hopefully you won't hurt yourself in the process).

fwharris
11-21-2011, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=lynnfrwd;166388

Often, I hear from customers that "it got an error message and wouldn't work any more, so its been sitting there collecting dust." The fact that you got an error message on your machine is a good thing (so to speak). It is actually a benefit of owning a SERVO motor machine.
[/QUOTE]

I did get a few of these type of comments this weekend at the woodworking show. Surprised to find out they did little for call for help from LHR and very few were/knew about the forum.

Digitalwoodshop
11-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Owning this machine does take a Commitment to learning the machine and the willingness to ask questions and work through machine problems. Many problems are what we call "Pilot Error" as in trying to fly a Airplane but never taking lessons or asking for help.... So with Everyone having the SAME Learning steps and questions, WE as users wrote or Contributed to Tips and Tricks.... It's the things WE ALL learn as we are new users..... I learned something NEW today from Tips and Tricks that I CAN use a Cut Path on a 1/4 inch board taped to a carrier board.... SO even with Thousands of Hours on my machines I am still learning....

Make the Commitment to LEARN.... Ask Questions HERE... You will get to the point of ENJOYING the Machine and what it can do...

AL

lynnfrwd
11-21-2011, 10:03 PM
I have had an amazing amount of customers call recently that have not used their machines in years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cestout
11-22-2011, 06:12 PM
If you are at all handy with tools, fix it yourself. I haven't run into anything on this machine that I can't fix with the help of of the forum and step by stepo PDF's from LHR. Tell us the error and cercumstances and someone here will walk you thru the repair.
Clint

fwharris
11-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Go to the STARTU section http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/CWSTARTU/index.php and find a member close to you. I bet they would be more than willing to talk with you about your machine and even make a visit if close enough...