PDA

View Full Version : How do I clip the bottom off this pattern?

SharonB
11-20-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm not having a very good morning today. First: I have all my mpc files stored on a pin-drive and suddenly I can no longer access the files. Click once and it says there are 0 files but checking properties it shows there is something on the pin-drive....Oh well, something to figure out later.
Second: When working on the attached file: When I applied the fonts I could not adjust the length/height useing the control points...as they did not appear. So, figuring that something had gone wrong with the CW program I updated from 1.179 to 1.800. This update did not allow me to access the pin-drive but at least I got my control points back. Almost makes a person want to go back to bed and start all over again.

Last, but not least, my brain has decided it doesn't want to deal with any more problems this morning and I can not figure out how to delete the bottom 1/2 inch or so off this design so it can be assigned a cut path. Please explain...in very simple terms, as my brian is ready to go into a tailspin. ps: The design will be used with rails.

pss: Just tried adding text to another design and I don't have the control point to manipulate the size. What have I checked or unchecked to elimates these points?

Kenm810
11-20-2011, 05:05 PM
??? --- I tried open the .zip file 3 times and each time got the message back (No Files to Extract)
All my other .zip files open fine with no problems, -- I'm not sure what's happening.

henry1
11-20-2011, 05:16 PM
??? --- I tried open the .zip file 3 times and each time got the message back (No Files to Extract)
All my other .zip files open fine with no problems, -- I'm not sure what's happening.
I tried the same thing Ken , got the same result as you

RogerB
11-20-2011, 05:16 PM
I tryed there is no file there.?? Sorry SharonB please repost your file.

Kenm810
11-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Sharon, this is the message I received each time I tried

SharonB
11-20-2011, 05:38 PM
It seems that even the zipped file (1.28mb) is to big to upload. No wonder the first one went through....it was empty. This doesn't seem to be my day. But at least I got the control points back when adding fonts...I hadn't released a button when checking toggles. If anyone wants to check my design PM me and give me your e-mail. Thanks

Kenm810
11-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Sharon, if you want, look at this site -- http://www.mediafire.com/
I've used a few times for posting large files on the CW Forum,
it works well and is Free to use as much as you like or need.

SharonB
11-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Ken...tried your mediafire.com link so let's see if anyone can open the file. Have my fingers cross that something works right.

Kenm810
11-20-2011, 06:06 PM
How about something like this --- Removing the bottom 1/2" of the pattern with a carve region set at .0"

Ps media fire has worked for me every time

SharonB
11-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Ken....that is way to easy...:p. Thanks for giving my brain a kick. I haven't tried it but will this give me a cut path around the whole project?

Kenm810
11-20-2011, 06:35 PM
Or this with a bit of sanding

Ps. Fun stuff Sharon :wink:

SharonB
11-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Ken...I used the 0.000 carve region and it worked. But I had to then save the pattern, with the carve region, first and then bring it back into designer to apply the outline/cut application. It looks good on screen. Will probably try it in the machine tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions.

SharonB
11-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Ken...Can I get you to remove the pattern from MediaFire as it was a purchased pattern. Thanks again for your help.