PDA

View Full Version : Getting Z Axis Stall Error E06-0313

myshop1044
11-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Al thanks for the input, Ok yes I am takling about the sliding guide plate.
I just tried it again with a 8 x 16 3/4" board, not my sled. It goes thru all the measuring fuctions,
It test the 2 bits with the bit plate ok, then goes back to the left and taps the top of the board the goes back to
left side , goes all the way down once, then goes to the right side over to guide plate and that is when it fails on the first
attempt to find the guide plate. then it freezes and the error appears.
the picture attached is when it freezed up on the sled. I have tried the test 3 or 4 four times and it freezes up ever time.
I'm not using a cutting bit at all. not sure what to look for.
Perry

Digitalwoodshop
11-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Question 1. What is the thickness in Designer? Should be about .75 not .75 plus sled .5.

Question 2. Did you select manual jig? I would say no.

Question 3. Is this the bit for a Cut Out? Is that a Carving Bit?

Question 4. Did it ever ask Board or Project?

Thanks,

AL

myshop1044
11-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Yes it is .75, no manuel jig, there is no cut out, all there is a carving bit and 60 deg for text
and no it never ask about the board or project. It is just a simple carving with text 9.5 x 14 x .75.
I have done many of these with same sled. That is what so unexpected the Z stall error.
Perry

Digitalwoodshop
11-20-2011, 03:23 PM
In that case it could be a Reach Problem..... when it gets to the Sliding Plate the machine may be having a hard time reaching the extra 1/2 inch to the bit Plate using a sled or carrier board. Look for a lump on the Z Rail or Bearing. Look for a frozen bearing on the Z, especially the bottom left as you look at it. Look at the "No Mans Land" Rails between the 2 Z Bearings. That is the Active Rail area when you add a 1/2 inch of sled.

Next... Watch the Flex Cable.... IS is dragging on the top cover?

Next is open the back of the Z Motor black cover and look for any dust inside on the clear plastic wheel with the encoder. Will the Z Encoder plastic Wheel spin on the shaft as in, is it loose?

Next is, do you have a extra FFC Cable that you can swap... It could be a FFC position problem... AS in a wire is broken inside the FFC Cable and when the head is in that position in Y the wire might be opening intermittantly.... This is why it is good to have extra FFC Cable or TWO....

George was having strange Z Problems and replacing the FFC Cable AND the Z Motor fixed it.... So this may need to get that drastic....

And you have inspected the Z Cog Belt and both pulley's for impacted dust?

Scratching my Head???

AL

myshop1044
11-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Thank you AL for all the help, I have checked and rechecked clean and recleaned,
so It's time to travel to LHR( only 3 hrs away) and let them fix whatever is wrong.
Thank you again.

Perry

cestout
11-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Let us know what they find so we can log it for the future.
Clint

bergerud
11-20-2011, 06:26 PM
What happens if you tell Designer it is a 3" thick board? In that case, I do not think it will try and reach the sliding plate at all. You may get another clue if you try that.

Digitalwoodshop
11-20-2011, 10:49 PM
Before you drive the 3 hours.... I would just replace the Z Motor, the FFC Cable and give is a Try..... It would likely be the first things that they change.... It Fixed George's Z Problems..... If you do go then tape the new parts receipt on the machine.... or a copy of it... So they can go to Step 2....

AL