PDA

View Full Version : Best method to make layout of identical multiples in one project?

Memo
11-20-2011, 10:48 AM
This is actually a two part issue. I'm curious if anyone has a better method of making multiples. Also, I am trying to cut and paste, but it's not working. Am I doing something wrong? When I try to paste, it won't give me the option. Is this a software glitch?

Memo
11-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Very strange, the paste feature is back. When I right clicked it wasn't there before, but now it is. So hopefully that doesn't happen again. I must have done something wrong. Still interested in ideas on maiking multiples

Digitalwoodshop
11-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Another tip when making a bunch of copies in a row... Just lay them out is a rough row then select them all and look for the 2 blocks with the line over it or under it or left and right.... That lets you snap them in a line real fast... The Copy the bigger group and place them below for more..

Good Luck,

AL

mtylerfl
11-21-2011, 09:42 AM
Very strange, the paste feature is back. When I right clicked it wasn't there before, but now it is. So hopefully that doesn't happen again. I must have done something wrong. Still interested in ideas on maiking multiples

Hello,

I've noticed the copy/paste feature sometimes "turns off" for some unknown reason. It has been difficult for LHR to replicate the behavior at their end, but I see it fairly frequently. I discovered an easy "workaround" if/when it happens...

1) Copy the object
2) Paste the object...if it does not "paste", open a New Project and paste it there (that always works)
3) Copy the object again when in your "new project", go back to the "real project" and paste it...viola! it works!

The key to this method is to keep BOTH the project you are working on AND the new project open at the same time when copying/pasting between the two. When done copying/pasting, you can simply close the new project without saving - it was just temporary to enable the copy/paste

Digitalwoodshop
11-21-2011, 10:18 AM
That may very well be the reason the first poster saw the paste dissapear... You must remember to leave the Donor Project Open. If you Copy and close the Donor Project and go to Paste it will be gone...

Unless you are specifically saying that "Copy" is the one that is going away.... Sometimes we lump copy and paste in as a combined function but they are seperate...

Let us know... We could be chasing a Pilot Error and that is why LHR is not seeing it.... It's a Paste problem not a Copy Problem...

Then again... I could be Wrong.... It Happens.....

AL:roll::mrgreen::roll:

Hasher
11-21-2011, 10:42 AM
I have question about copy and paste. Is there a way to copy and paste both sides of a 2 sided project, at the same time?
Thanks
Rick

bjbethke
11-21-2011, 01:55 PM
I have question about copy and paste. Is there a way to copy and paste both sides of a 2 sided project, at the same time?
Thanks
Rick

Yes. just copy on one page and flip to the otherside and paste. Note; it will be upside down, you will need to make it right side up.

Hasher
11-21-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear, I am trying to move a 2 sided project I made and add it to a new project board

Digitalwoodshop
11-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Not aware of a way to select both sides to copy and paste on to a new board.

What I do is copy and paste then place drill holes in key places. This lets me line up the back artwork. Once it is lined up I erase the drill holes...

AL

bjbethke
11-21-2011, 11:23 PM
I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear, I am trying to move a 2 sided project I made and add it to a new project board

The best way I know how to do this is make a new pattern of the MPC you made. First you need to select all - then Group the MPC image, and select the ICON I show in the attached photo. If you have the Pattern Editor -double click it and it will load to the pattern Editor. You then clean and change it if you like. Hope this helps. BJB

To make side two just copy and paste, I made a mpc, but it was over 1MB and too large to post on this forum. If you would like a copy of it. Just PM me your e-mail.

Hasher
11-22-2011, 07:16 AM
Not aware of a way to select both sides to copy and paste on to a new board.

What I do is copy and paste then place drill holes in key places. This lets me line up the back artwork. Once it is lined up I erase the drill holes...

AL
Thanks for the hint, I have used the hole method before, I didn't know if there was an easier way.
Rick

Hasher
11-22-2011, 07:30 AM
The best way I know how to do this is make a new pattern of the MPC you made. First you need to select all - then Group the MPC image, and select the ICON I show in the attached photo. If you have the Pattern Editor -double click it and it will load to the pattern Editor. You then clean and change it if you like. Hope this helps. BJB

To make side two just copy and paste, I made a mpc, but it was over 1MB and too large to post on this forum. If you would like a copy of it. Just PM me your e-mail.

I do not have pattern editor ,but I need to learn more about making a pattern, when I put everything in a group and " select all" I get the icon but when I select it it tells me I have non pattern objects. I have to go over the section about making patterns again.
Thank you
Rick

AskBud
11-22-2011, 07:51 AM
I do not have pattern editor ,but I need to learn more about making a pattern, when I put everything in a group and " select all" I get the icon but when I select it it tells me I have non pattern objects. I have to go over the section about making patterns again.
Thank you
RickYou probably have some non-rastern carves or Non-Cut-Path items, within your group. Remember the pattern you are making is a new raster carve.
AskBud

bjbethke
11-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Thank you
Rick

You need to select your PTN's first, then Group them. If you have non-patterns in your MPC, you can hold down the control key and then select the patterns you want to put in the group. If you have non-pattern items in the group, you can click on them and pull them out of the group. To use the "Make Patterns" ICON, you need to select the group first then the "Make Pattern" ICON. You can use Raster fonts also.