PDA

View Full Version : Getting Z Axis Stall Error E06-0313

myshop1044
11-19-2011, 01:36 PM
I just completed 2 2 1/2 hr carves and on the third one I got the error. I check the FFC cable and it wasn't loose or crimped.
I notice I get the error only when it tried to touch the slide plate. when goes all the way down then it freezes up.
I clean the rails and check the bearings they were clean. Not sure what to look for now.

any help would be great, I have about 10 more projects to do before christmas.

Perry
Myshop

bergerud
11-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Sounds like an encoder problem. Dust in the encoder?

myshop1044
11-19-2011, 02:32 PM
I just pull the cap off the motor and there was very little dust in there,
I blew it out anyway and tried it again . I failed at the same point, trying to touch the slide plate.
???????

Perry

bergerud
11-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Will, I do not know what to suggest. If it is not a firmware problem (you tried reformatting the card?), then it might be a wire? Where is Al?

Digitalwoodshop
11-19-2011, 06:24 PM
Try is with a regular Board and lets half split this to is it a THICKNESS of the Board Issue OR..... The BIG OR is.... The Length of the 1/8 inch Cutting Bit.... IF the Cutting Bit is loaded into the Rock Chuck and it is TOO Long or TOO Short it will possibly Fault at the Bit Plate Check OR at the Sliding Plate.....

And just to Clarify... Bit Plate is on the right side of the machine and Sliding Plate is on the Sand Paper Belts....

We are talking Sliding Plate Correct....

AL