PDA

View Full Version : Did I get lucky?

Smoken D
11-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Wednesday was up at the big town of Sedalia, Missouri. Made a stop at the Big Lot store and look what I found. I cannot get the stuff where I live, auto stores will not order it for me. And to find it at a junk store, oh well, and for $2.50 a can. Got a few and used it today. It sure did make a difference on core tempeature.

Kenm810
11-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Something like Hitting the Jack-Pot --- I wonder if we can order a few cans direct for the store On line
A few folks have a hard time finding it --------- is this the Store ??

chief2007
11-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Yes you did hit the mini lotto since they change the formula to the liquid wrench chain lube that is now being sold.

lynnfrwd
11-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Yes you did hit the mini lotto since they change the formula to the liquid wrench chain lube that is now being sold.

I thought it was decided that they didn't change the formula, just the can?!

If they did change the formula, that may "esplain" some things.

Kenm810
11-18-2011, 06:23 PM
That's 3 Cans now I wonder if there's more??

Smoken D
11-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Ken, yep that is the place. King Chef Chinese Buffet on there also. One of the best Chinese places I have ever been to!

Kenm810
11-18-2011, 06:36 PM
I did a Google Map Search with the info you posted

Ps. The last time I was in Missouri was for a few months in 1964 for Army Boot Camp at little Fort Lost in the Woods.

PPs. That where I got My first F.T.A. Olive Drab Baseball Cap --- Fun. Travel. and Adventure.

chief2007
11-18-2011, 06:55 PM
The original is industrial Liquid wrench part number is PL711, if it has L706, L716 it is the newer formula. The older stock can still be purchased until it runs out, but a lot of areas do not have it.
When you can find it on line, they want you to buy a case a lot of the time.

Amazon has the Liquid wrench, but it is the L716. I have that and it is making my shafts run hot, so I have change to a different product and have had great results

Just found this flex shaft lube here is the link http://www.woodcarverssupply.com/PRO-FLEX-SHAFT-LUBE/productinfo/789001/

Company is Wood Carvers Supply. I have ordered a tube and going to give it a try and see how it works. Will let you all know. It is a bit pricey, but cheaper than a flex shaft assembly

TerryT
11-18-2011, 07:16 PM
I thought it was decided that they didn't change the formula, just the can?!

If they did change the formula, that may "esplain" some things.

Nope. They definately changed the formula.

northey87
11-18-2011, 07:21 PM
This is what I use on my flex shaft, http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRN-99002-1/

Runs super smooth and really cool. My understanding is that it is pretty much 100% moly. The flex shaft will run warm after the first application until the moly works its way into the core of the flexshaft, an hour at the most. They have a 1lb tub, which is what I bought and will probably last forever.

fwharris
11-18-2011, 10:29 PM
This is what I use on my flex shaft, http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRN-99002-1/

Runs super smooth and really cool. My understanding is that it is pretty much 100% moly. The flex shaft will run warm after the first application until the moly works its way into the core of the flexshaft, an hour at the most. They have a 1lb tub, which is what I bought and will probably last forever.

You have enough to supply the forum!!!

Smoken D
11-19-2011, 08:34 AM
chief2007, yep PL711 and one can did have PL211.

Ken:
The wife was assigned to Fort Leonard Mud 64-68. R.N. at the hospital and a Lt. at that. Still outranks me, just a buck sgt.:(

northey87
11-19-2011, 09:28 AM
You have enough to supply the forum!!!

Possibly, LOL. There are two reasons I went with the 1lb tub, 1: its cheaper in the long run and 2: the tub is reclosable, the little 1oz tubes are not.

gapdev
11-20-2011, 02:53 PM

Would you share how you apply?

I used it once but removed it because it gunks up the inside of the sheath and didn't help to cool my shaft.

Kenny

gapdev
11-20-2011, 02:56 PM
That's 3 Cans now I wonder if there's more??

I have the Black Cap and the Yellow Cap and have been using the Black Cap. Which one does LHR use?

Kenny

northey87
11-20-2011, 03:06 PM
Would you share how you apply?

I used it once but removed it because it gunks up the inside of the sheath and didn't help to cool my shaft.

Kenny

I take some and apply a small amount to the whole length minus the square ends. Then I pinch the shaft using the tips my thumb, index, and middle fingers and pull the shaft through my finger tips twisting as I go. The result is a thinish layer of lube across the whole shaft.

Kenm810
11-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Smoken D,

I stopped by a Big Lots Store on the way home today -- sure enough,
they had several cans of Liquid Wrench's Industrial Chain and Wire Rope lube with Moly.
I bought a extra can to keep on hand in my parts cabinet, when I got home with it,
I shook-up the can and sprayed some on a paper plate. It's a little more gray than black like the original cans
I bought a few years ago, but it sure smells and feels the same. ---- and Oh Ya, it was $2.50 a Can

chebytrk
11-21-2011, 01:09 PM
WoW I've been looking for it everywhere and can't find it. I was even down in S. Texas this past weekend and didn't find any down their either. Ken, you shoulda stocked up and you could made a fortune on that stuff. LOL

Smoken D
11-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Good for you Ken. Glad I put this out. I gotta head back up to Sedalia and maybe buy the rest they had!