PDA

View Full Version : Toilet Seat Carving

rncurrie
11-16-2011, 10:11 AM
I had a customer ask for a deer carved on a toilet seat. I went to Home depot and bought an oak seat to carve.
Home Depots seats are partical board with oak veneer. Now that the practice one is cut I'll go out and look for a solid seat.

Old Salt
11-16-2011, 10:29 AM
The funny thing is the some of the cheep no name seats are solid Oak

Looks good

chief2007
11-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Still pretty cool, I could see turning that into a pretty good business, lol

Digitalwoodshop
11-16-2011, 02:03 PM
Then there is POOH Bear..... LOL....

atauer
11-16-2011, 02:21 PM
I knew that I had seen a carved toilet seat before...

Al, where your seats solid material, or particle board with a veneer finish?

b.sumner47
11-16-2011, 04:35 PM
Nice project, That would look great in my old out house at camp.

Capt Barry

Digitalwoodshop
11-16-2011, 06:41 PM
I knew that I had seen a carved toilet seat before...

Al, where your seats solid material, or particle board with a veneer finish?

I was at this Show in 2008 and a lady came in with this paper oval, she had been there before... She was placing the different size Thin Bears that I was selling on the paper for size. I asked here what was up and she wanted to stick a bear on her Toilet Seat... And needed to know the Size... After she bought the Bear I ran to Home Depot and got a brown plastic seat and stuck the bear on it.... People would stop and Laugh.... So it was just a stick on with double stick tape..... Thought of doing a Skunk.... La PU.... LOL.... But now I don't have time for Craft Shows... Way too busy with Fire Stuff... My Neighbor is getting Serious about getting a System as I have 7 Sign customers on HOLD for him..... He will pay for it in a short time...

AL

Ike
11-16-2011, 10:21 PM
Then there is POOH Bear..... LOL....

Richard, I know it was your first and a test. Al used a solid oak cover and it looks so much better then the mdf/ particle board. It is a great ideal , but my suggestion is using a solid wood cover and not mdf!

Ike

chebytrk
11-17-2011, 08:03 AM
Make sure you sand down the seat REAL good ! Use lots and lots of FINE sandpaper :-D

mtylerfl
11-17-2011, 09:05 AM
Make sure you sand down the seat REAL good ! Use lots and lots of FINE sandpaper :-D

Yes, indeed! :)

autobodyman
11-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Was in my buddy's machine shop a few years back, used his bathroom and noticed the seat. I had my digital camera along so snapped a picture.
He said the guy that did it was more into leather craft but dabbled in hand carving wood.

~Mike

cestout
11-20-2011, 06:40 PM
For comfort and cleaning purposes, how about pouring clear epoxie over the carve
Clint