PDA

View Full Version : finding surface

william
01-20-2007, 06:58 AM
My machine carved 1 piece, and now it will not go past the finding surface stage. It tells me to load a bit in it when there already is one. The arm that the bit touches on the far right of the machine does not appear comming out far enough.

BobHill
01-20-2007, 09:12 AM
William,

Have you tried checking the board sensor? With the bit in place, open the cover and push the head all the way to the top (center the head on the Y track) then on the LCD "ON" punch in 1 and then 7 and the LCD should tell you the sensor is blocked (there is a metal piece that goes between the slit between the sensor and it's mirror. When you lower it, it should read clear. If the metal arm isn't properly placed it won't read right when at the top and this effects the head travel. Just one of the reasons to cause a problem.

Bob

Fireman Phil
01-20-2007, 12:23 PM
I am having the same problem with mine. I have checked all sensors and all is OK. When the bit moves to the far right and hits the arm to swing it out, the arm does not come out far enough for the bit to hit it. The bit goes down past where the arm should be. I have cleaned everything and can manualy move the bit over far enough to swing the arm out, it just wont do it on its own. Any suggestions?

-Phil

bobi
01-20-2007, 02:28 PM
I am having the same problem with mine. I have checked all sensors and all is OK. When the bit moves to the far right and hits the arm to swing it out, the arm does not come out far enough for the bit to hit it. The bit goes down past where the arm should be. I have cleaned everything and can manualy move the bit over far enough to swing the arm out, it just wont do it on its own. Any suggestions?

-Phil

e-mail Carvewright support, they will e-mail you a firmware update and a PDF file showing you the hardware adjustments.

bobi
01-20-2007, 02:29 PM
My machine carved 1 piece, and now it will not go past the finding surface stage. It tells me to load a bit in it when there already is one. The arm that the bit touches on the far right of the machine does not appear comming out far enough.

William,
e-mail Carvewright support, they will e-mail you a firmware update and a PDF file showing you the hardware adjustments.

william
01-20-2007, 03:44 PM
thank you i emailed them and now waiting for a response.

Rick Devine
01-20-2007, 05:02 PM
I posted the PDF a little while ago. Here is the thread.....
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=798

In the pdf, you will also find an address to download the latest firmware for the Carvewright.

william
01-20-2007, 06:28 PM
I downloaded adobe8 and then the file. My bracket is not loose so I tried to download the firmware from carvewright but I'm not having good luck with that. Thank you for your patience and help. Im not real computer freindly, but I'm learning.

Rick Devine
01-20-2007, 06:34 PM
William,

What issues are you having downloading the firmware? Also, did you remove the the bearing sweeper? A few people have found that the bearing sweeper was the culprit.

Rick

william
01-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Finnaly figured it out, I just started a new project and it seems to have corrected the problem. Thanks again.
This is my 2nd machine first one shut off and would not come back on, so I took it back and just got this one yesterday.

calikoala
01-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Finnaly figured it out, I just started a new project and it seems to have corrected the problem. Thanks again.
This is my 2nd machine first one shut off and would not come back on, so I took it back and just got this one yesterday.

You say you finally figured it out. What was the solution? It really helps to know what it was that worked so others can apply those remedies before asking for solutions.