PDA

View Full Version : designer question

c_mjenkins
11-13-2011, 08:13 PM
i have a question about the designer software. i would like to be able to import a picture of an object (lets say a star shape for example) and then use the cw to cut out the shape. is this possible without the pattern editor software. i know it can be done with it but i was hoping there was another way so i wouldnt have to buy it yet i would like to use funds for carve tight upgrade and bits. thanks again

dbfletcher
11-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Generally it would depend on the image. But for you example of the star, yes. Just import the image as a pattern, place it on you board, and the you can use the outline tool to create a path to use for the cut out tool
Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

AskBud
11-13-2011, 08:38 PM
i have a question about the designer software. i would like to be able to import a picture of an object (lets say a star shape for example) and then use the cw to cut out the shape. is this possible without the pattern editor software. i know it can be done with it but i was hoping there was another way so i wouldnt have to buy it yet i would like to use funds for carve tight upgrade and bits. thanks againWithout Pattern Editor, it will depend upon the quality of the picture and the background. If you can eliminate the background, as you accept the photo, you may have a chance. However, if the background still exists or the image is fuzzy, the outline will be no good.

For the cost, purchasing the Probe which includes pattern Editor is well worth the money!
AskBud

c_mjenkins
11-13-2011, 08:38 PM
i tried doing it that way but i must be doing something wrong because when i use the outline tool it just outlines he entire square it makes when imported as a pattern but not the star itself any idea what i could be doing wrong. thanks

lawrence
11-13-2011, 08:52 PM
when you import the image, you need to first lower the height of the pattern until the background disappears and then turn the image into a pattern. This will make the pattern without the square box. Let me know if this is unclear and I'll try to explain better.

Lawrence

c_mjenkins
11-13-2011, 09:08 PM
thanks lawrence that did it, works just like i wanted