PDA

View Full Version : getting pattern off of flashcard.

jaustin
11-13-2011, 01:58 PM
My computer crashed and I lost some patterns.
I have a pattern I need on my flash card but can not figure out how to gt it from my flashcard back to my computer so i can edit it before carving it.

I got to flash manger and only see i can delete it but not move it or copy it to my computer.

easybuilt
11-13-2011, 02:00 PM
You can not take a pattern off your flash card. Only up load to it. Sorry

jaustin
11-13-2011, 04:35 PM
That sucks, they need to make it where you can download off the cards also.

Most off my patterns I store on a program dropbox that will let m share between computers that I have link to it. But the pattern I need I never moved.

mercer57
11-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Just another of LHR's proprietary flaws, the machine is great but the policy of money before customers suck.

TerryT
11-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Actually I think it is because the pattern has to be compiled to a language that the machine can use. It have to be de-compiled and reasembled to be read by the computer again. If it is even possible it would be pretty expensive to write the software for that. It would add to the cost of the carvewright and it really isn't necessary if you save all of your patterns and MPC's to a thumb drive, etc.

John, if you need me to replace lost patterns you purchased from me just let me know.

Terry

lynnfrwd
11-13-2011, 07:31 PM
They are converted into a language the machine understands when uploaded. It has nothing to do with money.

If it's a pattern it is available. If it is a project ur suppose to save to ur harddrive. Regular back ups are needed for any saved files not just carvewright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mercer57
11-14-2011, 01:38 AM
While it may upload in machine logic, if one forgets to save to their computer, as I have done, if I could upload to the computer from the card in machine logic format and save it to my hard drive and not have to keep it on my card taking up space and at some point wanted to cut it again put it back on my card it would work no?Point is we don't have an option to do that so if you are human like me and make a mistake by not saving to my pc I am SOL.