PDA

View Full Version : Easy answer but I don't know it - Designer 3d posting

rgant05
01-20-2007, 12:03 AM
Sorry to post something this easy - I feel like I should be able to handle it but haven't been able to figure it out. Q. How do you capture the designer view of your project on the screen into a jpg in order to post it to the forum. As much as I do on the computer I feel foolish asking but... hey if you are ignorant, there is only one way to cure it.... learn.

Thanks

Jon Jantz
01-20-2007, 02:06 AM
There might be an easier way but I'll tell ya how I do it.

1. Hit <Print Scrn>. This copies the whole screen to the clipboard so you can paste it into any graphics program.

2. I open Photopaint and hit <New from Clipboard> but you can take any other graphics program and hit Paste as well.

3. Crop out everything but the board.

4. Save file as .jpg and post.

rgant05
01-20-2007, 05:50 AM
Thanks Jon,
I knew it was simple. Actually I had tried print screen but, I didn't realize that it was copying to the clip board... I just thought it wasn't working. Back when I remember using print screen it automatically sent the screen view to the printer which wasn't really what I was looking for. That opens up a lot more flexibility, such as printing out your project with the various wood types. I notice when you do a print function from the Designer, it takes the applied wood texture off and prints it with just the bland base shape plus. And so far I haven't been able to predict where it will hit the paper or if it will be half off to the side or what. Once I get it into Photoshop Elements, I can handle it from there. Thanks again