PDA

View Full Version : Combining a Raster or Vector Pattern with a Litho Pattern

Kenm810
11-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Vector Pattern with a Litho Pattern
In another threaded a question was asked about carving MDF -- I gave a quick comment, and post a photo of a carving I did for Christmas some time ago.
In the same folder were some litho patterns I did about the same time. -- As I looked at a few of them I wondered if anyone out there had ever thought about Combining a Raster or Vector Pattern with a Litho Pattern, not just adding text to a litho or adding two or more litho patterens together.
Something like inverting the depth of the litho’s mpg on a piece of MDF, staining it, rubbing it-out,
and then carving a vector mpg on top of it, and top coating the whole thing.

Makes my head hurt just thinking about it, -- Any thoughts or ideas out there folks.

AskBud
11-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Have you carved this, or is this combination "Blue-Sky" time?
AskBud

Kenm810
11-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Nope -- No carving yet, just thought of it a few minutes ago.
I have carved both the Vector and the litho several times in the past and posted the Mpgs for them,
I'm looking for anyone that may have tried it, and what kind of luck they may have had.

cnsranch
11-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Haven't done it, but sure have thought about it....

Been wanting to do a lampshade like the one below, but as a litho - the thought of making it look like smaller panes like a stained glass has occurred - should work by way of carving the dividers on the backside of the corian, and the pic on the front side, then coloring the raster carving on the back.

Yours would work, Ken, I'm sure - just reverse the angel carve and place it on the backside - won't interfere with the litho image on the front.