PDA

View Full Version : check board tracking????

chuckles2153
11-09-2011, 05:32 PM
I have'nt used my machine for more than a year now due to back surgeries and went to use it a couple of days ago but keep getting the check board tracking message. :>(, My machine only has alittle over 8 hrs of use on it and worked fine the last time i used it. I've cleaned out the machine well and checked all the conections and etc. every thing looks good but still i'm still getting this error code.
Over the last 6 months or so i've uploaded newer versions of the software and am wondering if that could be putting the machine out of whack so to speak.
If anyone has any advice at all or if you've had this problem yourself PLEASE HELP!!!:(

James RS
11-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Did you try putting the tape around so the sensor picks it up, I've seen that tip.

chief2007
11-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Make sure the board sensor window is clean of dust. I found using a mild cleaner you can clean the lens with no problem. So start there at cleaning the sensor. Easy thing to try first. You can also check the board sensor on the sensor check - press 0 then 7, that will get you to the sensor check use the up and down arrows to get to the board sensor reading. With a board you can raise and lower in under the sensor to see if it is working. of have a board in the machine and raise and lower the head to read the board.

James RS has a good tip - I had some dark woods that I have to place masking tape over so the board sensor would read the board and complete the carving.

bergerud
11-09-2011, 08:23 PM
This error is caused by the brass tracking roller and the x drive motor having a disagreement as to the motion of the board. It will happen if the board losses contact with the brass roller or if the board slips on the sand paper belts. If, for example, the head pressure is too little or if the board is too smooth, the board may slip on the sand paper belt when the board comes to compress (lift) one of the rubber rollers . Try it again and watch to see if the board is slipping on the sand paper belts. If it is slipping, either tighten down the head more and/or put masking tape under the board to help grip the belts.

chuckles2153
11-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Hey ereryone, thanks so much for giving me advice, I tried all of your sugestions with no improvement I'm now getting error codes E-49 032 / E-03 0400 without touching the stop button. I just don't understand what could have went wrong while it set not even plugged in!! Should i just send it in to be worked on and be without it for awhile?
Thanks so much for trying to help me with this problem.

Chuck

TIADave
11-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Hey chuckles, just had this issue today. In my case, it was the back roller sensor getting stuck during measurement. When it was measuring the sensor wasn't detecting the un-compressed state so when the tracking roller lost contact it came up with "check tracking roller"

Dr. Al's post http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?19012-Machine-sending-board-completely-out-of-machine-when-measuring&p=160866#post160866 should help if this is the issue.

as for me, i'm making sawdust again........

chuckles2153
11-14-2011, 07:18 PM
I don;t think that's my issue, tonight i went through the settings and the rollers are compressing and releasing easily, The board sensor is reading 156 under pressure, the only thing i can find wrong is the tracking roller sensor will not read anything when i spin it. Could that be the problem? Is it that i need a new tracking sensor?

bergerud
11-14-2011, 08:10 PM
If you mean that the x position - board tracking sensor data (0 - 7 up up) reads 0 and does not change when you spin the brass roller, then that is your problem. You may have to take out tracking sensor and have a look. I have not done that myself. Maybe someone else hear can advise you as to what to do and look for.

chuckles2153
11-16-2011, 08:21 AM
I pulled the entire sensor and took out the 2 small screws that holds the back cover on and had a look, Looks ok to me, nothing out of the ordinary but it still won't read anything when i spin it.
I've tried to contact carvewright thru this forum but nobody will contact me back. What good is customer support when you can't get a response, This is'nt a one time thing either I've tried to order things in the last few months that were never even processed after a month.

mtylerfl
11-16-2011, 09:22 AM
I pulled the entire sensor and took out the 2 small screws that holds the back cover on and had a look, Looks ok to me, nothing out of the ordinary but it still won't read anything when i spin it.
I've tried to contact carvewright thru this forum but nobody will contact me back. What good is customer support when you can't get a response, This is'nt a one time thing either I've tried to order things in the last few months that were never even processed after a month.

Hello,

I assume you did the sensor check (x-axis) when you rolled the brass sensor by hand...if the numbers don't change, that seems to narrow down the problem.

As far as CW Tech Support...don't use email...call them. They have excellent Tech Support personnel and is top-notch in my book. The Tech Support phone is: 713-473-6572

Your ordering issue...I find it very difficult to believe that you placed orders and they were not processed. When you call them, ask about that too. I'm sure they will be able to look up your order history records and see if any orders are still outstanding.

chief2007
11-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Yup, sounds like the board tracking sensor, call carvewright, and they will get you the part you need, the board tracking sensor does not cost all that much.

Replacing it should get you back on the carving track

lynnfrwd
11-16-2011, 01:37 PM

You cannot order parts through this forum.

Either:
1. Call us at 713-473-6572 to place your order
2. Send email to sales@carvewright.com for pricing & availability, but you will need to call us to place the order

NEVER SEND YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO VIA EMAIL!

NEVER SEND EMAIL TO ORDERS@CARVEWRIGHT.COM.

In other words, if you place an order and receive an automatic email from us about your order, do not send us an email back at orders@carvewright.com (it even says that on the invoice). It is an automated email and we do not get those emails directly. I do have a way of going into them and looking, which I now try to do somewhat regularly, but for every purchase made there are several emails produce - sometimes 6+ emails per order. So, finding where someone has responded to an automated email (orders@carvewright.com) is very difficult, time consuming and unreliable.