PDA

View Full Version : Help with a pattern please

signman9999
11-09-2011, 04:04 AM
I have had someone ask me to do a round box with this pattern. I have worked it in the pattern editor but am unhappy with the results. If anyone could run this in their 3d software, I would appreciate it.
This is the reason I am wanting to learn 3D software. I know there will be other things that people would want me to do.
The pattern should be just the design with the two stars.
Thank You
Tom 48792

dbfletcher
11-09-2011, 05:48 AM
I'm not sure I would be choosing 3D tools for that. It looks like something I'd be more inclined to tackle in GIMP or Photoshop. Have you watched Alan's tutorials on using GIMP?

lawrence
11-09-2011, 07:09 AM
Do you have a bigger version of this picture you can post or email? I'm more than happy to give it a try, but won't be able to start looking at it until this weekend at the earliest and would definitely need a bigger pic to work with.

Lawrence

bjbethke
11-09-2011, 10:27 AM
I have had someone ask me to do a round box with this pattern. I have worked it in the pattern editor but am unhappy with the results. If anyone could run this in their 3d software, I would appreciate it.
This is the reason I am wanting to learn 3D software. I know there will be other things that people would want me to do.
The pattern should be just the design with the two stars.
Thank You
Tom 48792

Will this work?

Alan Malmstrom
11-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Will this work?

Yes that looks more like a carve type of design. And it looks like bjbethke has made a great looking pattern with a nice profile edge and everything. Wow!

Alan

signman9999
11-10-2011, 06:23 AM
Thank you all for the help and advice, I appreciate it. bjbethke thank you for taking the time to do this for me. This allows me to spend some time with my daughter who is here from germany for 2 weeks. THANK YOU

bjbethke
11-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Thank you all for the help and advice, I appreciate it. bjbethke thank you for taking the time to do this for me. This allows me to spend some time with my daughter who is here from germany for 2 weeks. THANK YOU

Tom - I removed the background on the image for you, if you PM me your e-mail adderss I can send you the complete folder, and show how I do Photos. BJB

Kenm810
11-10-2011, 12:04 PM
BJB,

Nice Job on the clean-up and mpc file, -- Double Thumbs Up!