PDA

View Full Version : could someone make a pattern for me please

bayea
11-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Could someone please make a pattern for me from this file.

I would like "San Benito" and "locally inspired" to be done in centerline. (which i dont have, nor do i have the ability to put centerline into a carve region.)
I would like "Bene" to be raised lettering.

the finished product will be at least 13" wide.

thank you !

lynnfrwd
11-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Software is 10% off still and it may not on sale again for awhile. I guarantee you will use them both and get your moneys worth!!

Buy it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mercer57
11-09-2011, 01:43 AM
Making the pattern the way you want will be useless for you without the software

lawrence
11-09-2011, 07:05 AM
Software is 10% off still and it may not on sale again for awhile. I guarantee you will use them both and get your moneys worth!!

Buy it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connie is right... I know it stinks to bite the bullet and pay, but there is really no easy work-around for putting a vectored centerline text into a carve region. There are some (rather difficult and risky) work-arounds if you have the centerline text function but not the "carve in a region" function. For $135 (the cost right now for centerline text and conforming vectors) you get a LOT of extra function from your machine, especially when making signs.

I made the mistake of waiting and ended up paying full price for the stl importer, and I'd hate to have you feel as silly as I did when I didn't buy it on sale.

Once you get it, I'm sure we'll all be more than happy to help with any questions you have to get your sign done quickly and cleanly. You won't even have to wait for any mail or anything--once you order the software you get a key by email which allows you to start using the software immediately so you'll be up and running within 5 minutes of your purchase.
Lawrence

chief2007
11-09-2011, 07:07 AM
As mercer57 stated without the centerline text software, even with the pattern, you will not be able to carve in on your machine, second do you have the 90 degree v groove bit. There could be an alternative solution if you do.

bayea
11-09-2011, 10:27 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes: yeah sounds like i just may have to bite the bullet. in addition to centerline, is it STL that i need to put centerline into a carve region?

dbfletcher
11-09-2011, 10:49 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes: yeah sounds like i just may have to bite the bullet. in addition to centerline, is it STL that i need to put centerline into a carve region?

You need "conforming vectors" to put center-line in a carve region

bjbethke
11-09-2011, 01:07 PM

I don't have those extra programs, you can make a vector outline carve this way.

bayea
11-09-2011, 02:38 PM
cool thanks BJB.

James RS
11-09-2011, 04:35 PM
I bought the Centerline and DXF and STL and haven't regretted it , eyeballing another thing that has being offered now a certain rotary jig8)

bjbethke
11-09-2011, 05:45 PM
cool thanks BJB.

bayea, I think you can also carve that if you have the MPC that was made with a font image. (Dingbat) You need to load the font - I made it in the Cap letter A, you need to install this on your computer or you will not see it. The font is in a Zipped file. You can use this font and make a Raster or Outline; you do not need Centerline to do that. Hope this helps. BJB - Did you get your Rocking Horse made yet?

bayea
11-09-2011, 09:59 PM
BJB your awesome ! no i haven't done a rocking horse yet. . . . . soon. . . lol