PDA

View Full Version : My new Web site offering Unique Signs and Gifts

easybuilt
11-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Check out my NEW site, Signs In Wood:

http://www.signsinwood.com/

I (http://www.signsinwood.com/)t is a source for custom signs and gifts.

The Perfect Sign is the end result of taking the time to work with you to determine exactly what you want and assuring your complete satisfaction.
Let your mind wander…are you looking for a cherished keepsake, a personal expression, a professional business icon or something fun to promote your business?
We can take your ideas and transform a piece of wood to fit your design.

TerryT
11-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Very Cool. I hope it works well for you my friend!

easybuilt
11-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Thanks for looking Terry! So far I am receiving orders, hope it keeps up.
Thank you everyone for your support.

Ike
11-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Tom I just had a major overhaul of my website and have yet to have had any orders from the site. Are you signed up with a search engine company? Or is it repeat customers? By the way it looks great! I have had my site for several years and only used as a tool. But I would love to have it produce some business! My web master has always taken care of me so I can't complain. Just recently we added a store to order from and with much resistance I accept pay pal!

I have also set up a page on Facebook, but it doesn't look nice like yours! Anyway thought I would ask and I hope all the best for you! PS Terry I have always liked your site too!

Ike

easybuilt
11-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Thanks Ike, It was great talking with you tonight, as always you have great advise. I am getting orders through Google ad words and msn ad center, it directs them to my site. I looked at your site and it looks great, I hope you start getting some sales soon. We are all in this together and you have always been there to help me.

Ike
11-08-2011, 12:52 AM
Tom I am glad you called! I am going to have to wait to be able to use Google adword, They have a $50.00 a month min. Lol I am sure tomorrow I will get a call with a deal I can't refuse! Again thanks for the help and calling me!

Ike

Firefighter938
09-12-2013, 09:20 AM
Who is hosting your website/store? That is a very nice web store. I was thinking of setting up something, yours is put together very nice.

Capt Bruce
09-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Tom you've raised the bar yet again my friend. Looks terrific and you have a great flow to your website. Hope your business does nothing but continue to grow based upon the quality products you offer. Very nicely re-done again Tom.

mtylerfl
09-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Tom you've raised the bar yet again my friend. Looks terrific and you have a great flow to your website. Hope your business does nothing but continue to grow based upon the quality products you offer. Very nicely re-done again Tom.

ummm...look at the date of Tom's post...it was almost 2 years ago. ;)

Digitalwoodshop
09-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Yes, it is 2 years old but impressive..... :)

AL

Capt Bruce
09-16-2013, 08:18 AM
Oh well Michael,

They say there is always 10% that doesn't get the word and I guess that makes me the leader of that group. As Al noted, I'm still impressed with what Tom has created online with updates even since I last dropped in on his site. I'm working "hard" (new definition is 1/2 hr. now and then) now in retirement to get my site up and operating. Tom has provided a worthy model to emulate not that I ever want to be as busy with this home / hobby as he is. All the best even if I'm sometimes 2 years behind and slowly catching up.

mtylerfl
09-16-2013, 10:39 AM
... All the best even if I'm sometimes 2 years behind and slowly catching up.

Hey, don't feel too bad...I'm at least four years behind!!

cestout
09-16-2013, 06:59 PM
I have been up since last Dec. And just got my second contact. I sold an urn a couple of weeks ago, now maybe a custom box. It is like you can't get a truck driving job without being a teamster, but you can't become a teamster unless you have a truck driving job. Fat cow will push my site for money that I don't have but would if they pushed my site.

easybuilt
09-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Wow old posts just keep showing up. Now I have two web site's. and hired a helper too. Thanks for the awesome coments. www.signsinwood.com (http://www.signsinwood.com) and www.messagesinwood.com (http://www.messagesinwood.com)

kcc2012
09-17-2013, 12:25 AM
I saw this thread the other day and something about your site made me decide to look over my research notes I had to put together for Vocational Rehabilitation when I set up my business. Some of the information from your site was instrumental in proving that I can create an actual business with the carvewright.

easybuilt
09-17-2013, 10:13 AM
So glad I could be some help to you. This site is where it all started for me in 2009.

TurtleCove
09-17-2013, 11:22 PM
Very nice, Tom.
One of your first signs, that I saw in your gallery, was in red cedar, and had black letters.
I'm carving a lot in cedar, and having trouble getting my letters black....without hand painting them.
Today I carved some text, and then sprayed the letters with black paint/primer. That's how it was label'd on the can.
I let it dry, then ran the board thru the sander, to take off all the black from the board, and I was hoping it would be left in the letters.
I just didn't come out very good. Just looked poor.

Got some pointers for us?

easybuilt
09-18-2013, 12:00 AM
Thanks TurtleCove! I use sanding sealer on every sign I carve to help prevent bowing and seal the wood. Just use one thin coat of wood sealant such as Deft. I use Marsh spray stencil paint and it comes in 7 colors. When storing the marsh paint the factory recommends to keep the can upside down. After it dries I plane the back side of the board and then the front, this way I don't take too much off the front which is easy to do. When you clear coat the board spray it, don't use a brush on the stencil paint. Hope this helps a little .

Proctorw
09-18-2013, 07:59 AM
Tom, probably a dumb question, but when you plane the front, are your letters centerline? Or are the raised? I have visions of the sign I just carved disappearing in the planer.

Thanks,

Wayne

easybuilt
09-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Hi Wayne
Sorry I was referring only to signs with v carve and other items carved into the wood. For raised letters I use paint pens and brushes. If you are very careful you can use only high density foam roller for the raised letters.

Proctorw
09-18-2013, 09:14 AM
Thanks! Any brands of pens to use or stay away from?

TurtleCove
09-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Thanks TurtleCove! I use sanding sealer on every sign I carve to help prevent bowing and seal the wood. Just use one thin coat of wood sealant such as Deft. I use Marsh spray stencil paint and it comes in 7 colors.... After it dries I plane the back side of the board and then the front, this way I don't take too much off the front which is easy to do. When you clear coat the board spray it, don't use a brush on the stencil paint. Hope this helps a little .

So, I carve my words (I'll be using a 60 degree bit), then seal the board with Deft wood sealer. Then spray the words with Marsh spray stencil paint (I'll get it at my local hobby shop), let it dry, then run it thru my sander, and take off the minimum possible. Then I can spray the entire board with Spar Urethane. Have I got it, Tom? How long do you let the Marsh paint dry?

easybuilt
09-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Hey Wayne I use painters brand from Walmart or buy the Krylon paint pen online.

TurtleCove you got it perfect. It does not take that long for the Marsh Paint, maybe 20 to 30 min. It dries flat so it is easy to see. You may not find the marsh at your hobby store, it is more of an industrial paint available from Granger, Uline or other tool stores. Some have free shipping and it's cheaper when you buy a case.

zan29
09-18-2013, 06:43 PM
Hey I've seen that drink coffee sign before. I've posted it a while back.......looks great!

Chip
09-18-2013, 08:21 PM
You have raised the bar with the inspirational site! The level of your quality work has just gone to the top in my book. The website has been bookmarked.

Chip