PDA

View Full Version : Y Stall ER5-0303

cestout
11-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Where can I find error codes listed. I havehad the machine aopart and the Y gears and moter are tight and move freely. The Y truck moves ok. No binding anywhere. I have to get it fixed; I have to finish a wedding box by Thursday - carve, assemble, and finish.
Clint

b.sumner47
11-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Try and clean the Y rails,check the bearings and check the sweeps.I also add a LITTLE oil to all the rails.

Capt Barry

henry1
11-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Try and clean the Y rails,check the bearings and check the sweeps.I also add a LITTLE oil to all the rails.

Capt Barry
It could be the Ribbon Cable to Head it happen to me try that
it

cestout
11-06-2011, 05:09 PM
I had the Y motor out and checked everything you guys mentioned. The board measures ok. When he registes the bit. he toutches the bit plate and returns home and bumps the end by the keyboard, then sayes Slipped; check Y belt - Proceede Enter Abort stop. I press enter and get Err E05-0303. The belt looks good, the rails are clean and evereything mooves smoothly.
Clint

fwharris
11-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Try tightening the Y belt just a little.. also check the small gear at the Y belt adjustment point.

cestout
11-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Thankyou FW, I'm carving! The spring is supposed to set the tention, but it must be getting tired. I pulled it over a little with a C clamp and locked it down. I don't want it too tight because it will take out the bearings in the Y gearbox again. I will order a new spring when I order brushes soon. (or shim it.) I told the people at the Woodworking show last weekend that the forum was always there to help.
Clint

Digitalwoodshop
11-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Did you blow the dust out of the back of the Encoder?

AL

cestout
11-09-2011, 01:39 PM
I got the Wedding Box finished and posted pix in the gallery, but the Y derive has now totally failed. When I get back from the Wedding, the parts should be here and I will re-rebuild the Y gaar box.
Clint

cestout
11-14-2011, 05:58 PM
I am back, the box was a hit and my machine is back in operation. The parts were here before I left.
Clint

Digitalwoodshop
11-14-2011, 06:38 PM
So to Re CAP.... It was the 2 little bearings inside the Y Gear Box...

GREAT.... Replacing the Gear Box works... You can rebuild it for a future spare..... 2 bearings and a new Gear.

OR just put the 2 bearings on the every 250 hour replacement with the Cut Motor Brushes....

AL