PDA

View Full Version : memory card question

bee crazy
11-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Help! my computer has died. I have lost my project files, all my projects are on the carvewright memory card. I would like to get them on my new computer to edit them and back them up. but can't figure out how to to this, I.m sure I'm missing something. Thanks in advance for you help.
Steve

WRW
11-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Hi bee crazy.
I asked that same question once and was told it was not possible to take files from the card unless they were scans you had done. But then again maybe something has changed in the last year or two since I asked the question.
Have a great day.

b.sumner47
11-06-2011, 02:00 PM
As far as I know it has not changed. Everytime I load my memory card with a pattern, I save the mpc. (save as ) under file column. This helps to take care of what happened to you, If I wish to change it at a later date I can, or discard it.

Capt Barry

jaroot
11-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Yeah as far as I know you can't which is really kind of stupid. Little or no new code would be required to allow that. But then I don't know why they don't just use a standard flash drives for loading files to and from the CW other than it would cut out a couple of overly expensive hardware pieces.

WRW
11-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Just a thought bee crazy, if it is the computer has failed and not the hard drive you can pull your drive and remove the files using another computer.
Good Luck.

bee crazy
11-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Just a thought bee crazy, if it is the computer has failed and not the hard drive you can pull your drive and remove the files using another computer.
Good Luck.

I know that trick but it was the hard drive that failed. I sure do thank all who responded, just wish I had better results. ;)

anyway I sure do like my machine and this great forum.
Steve