PDA

View Full Version : I need help

samhassan
01-19-2007, 06:38 PM
this is my third try, and that is what is happening and I don't know what to do please help me

pkunk
01-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Is your board guide up against the right edge if the board? Looks kike maybe the board is loose in the machine.

samhassan
01-19-2007, 08:29 PM
no, the board guide is up against the right edge

Kurtsara
01-19-2007, 09:28 PM
no, the board guide is up against the right edge

Did you draw a rectangle or connected horizontal and vertical lines, to me it looks like crooked lines being both the top and bottom of the line is off the same

pkunk
01-19-2007, 09:32 PM
WOW, IT JUST DAWNED ON ME! I bet you inadvertently rotated the design a few degrees. I might be hard to see in the software, but if you're horizontle lines are just off a little, the machine is going top carve them in steps like that.

Kurtsara
01-19-2007, 09:54 PM
WOW, IT JUST DAWNED ON ME! I bet you inadvertently rotated the design a few degrees. I might be hard to see in the software, but if you're horizontle lines are just off a little, the machine is going top carve them in steps like that.

I bet you are right, sort of what I was thinking being both lines were off the same amount

pkunk
01-19-2007, 09:59 PM
This a perfect example of why the OP should post not only a pic of the problem but also the MPC file. If I had that I could check the prognosis and correct it. :)

Dan-Woodman
01-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Looks like one of your end lines is locked in place and the other got moved slightly.

samhassan
01-20-2007, 12:10 AM
I drwa a regtangle and ai centered it, and I made it a carve erea so the flower and the line will pop up, and I did rotater the objects many times left and right and random degrees, is that wrong to do?
and thank you guys for helping.

Malfunction
01-20-2007, 05:29 AM
i am no expert by any means. but i wonder if you hit the Front face command (the one with the brown box with an F on it), then save it if that would square up your drawing.

please let us know what you do to correct this problem. hopefully i will be getting my machine next week and would like to avoid this minor mishap.

Dan-Woodman
01-20-2007, 08:02 AM
If you could post the mpc. file someone could probably diagnois the problem.

samhassan
01-22-2007, 11:18 AM
this the second time I do this project, first time was ok but then that is what happened so I think nothing wrong with the file

k2w
01-23-2007, 10:56 AM
From the picture, it looks very much like the y axis position sensor is losing a count every so often, and shifting the design by 1/4 or 1/2 inch. I don't have my unit yet (back ordered 2 weeks) so I can't say how to clean the position sensor, but I would bet money that is the problem

littlemikeyp
01-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Bingo. Looks like a Y-axis drift problem. I haven't seen it on the Y-axis this bad but looks like that's the trouble. Could be the Y-axis light chopper in the Y-axis motor, in which case you'll need a new one or it could be that the tension on the Y-axis belt is not sufficient and the belt is jumping a cog or two occasionally.

You can check the Y-axis belt tension by opening the cover, moving the cutting mechanism to the left side and then plucking the belt. It should be fairly taught and vibrate at about a low C-minor (just kidding about the C-minor stuff). But it shouldn't have any slack.

If it's loose you can tighten it by loosening the screw on top of the right hand pully assembly which should allow the spring tensioner to put correct tension on the belt and then retightening it. Make sure the assembly doesn't slide while you're tightening the screw (this tends to happen).

Good luck.

samhassan
01-27-2007, 12:23 PM
I think u were right guys, I found the belt really loose, and I had to retighten the screw in the top, and I'm gonna try it now
thank u very much guys
very very much