PDA

View Full Version : Fall Fair Show

TerryT
11-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Ok, We are all set up. I'm trying to drink my coffee but there are too many people in our booth! I hope some of them spend some money!!
It's looking good so far. I'll post pictures later.

fwharris
11-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Good luck Terry!

Ike
11-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Yes good luck and please share! I have a craft fair I could attend, but just don't know what to make? I thought of the Lincoln head penny banks, but for the cost of material I can't make much profit. I found using a clear pine board is about $28.00 and I don't know what I can get for the banks? The rule of thumb of double the price of material, not sure if anyone will pay $56.00? I thought of heart boxes. Last year I tried nut cracker X-mas tree ornaments and few other different ones. Then some wildlife carvings natural and painted. I brought home most of the items I made!

So if you don't mind sharing please tell me what sells! Of course anybody else that has suggestion I would appreciate it!

Ike

easybuilt
11-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Hope it went well Terry. I have one on the 19th, still working on projects and kicking around some ideas. Let us know what sells.
Thanks!!

GrammaPam
11-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Have a great time. Sell lots of beautiful things and hand out flyers to everyone!

TerryT
11-05-2011, 10:35 PM
So if you don't mind sharing please tell me what sells! Of course anybody else that has suggestion I would appreciate it!

Ike

Well, even though attendance was down a little, this was the best craft fair I have had for Wood Wisdom. As for the best seller? Cribbage boards led by about 4 to one. Recipe boxes were second. We had a good assortment of items from signs to awards and even Photographs for sale. But they really liked the cribbage boards. They ranged in price from $40 to $70 each. Kathy and my son, James did most of the work.

Kenm810
11-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Thanks for Sharing your Photos Terry,

Nice set-up for the Fair Show --- hmmmm Cribbage Boards -- I better get busy in CW Designer!

Chay
11-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Hi,

Great cribbage boards.
Would you post a picture of the recipe boxes? How much did you charge for one?

Chay

lawrence
11-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Congrats, I'm glad this was a good show for you. It looks like you were prepared and your setup looks great.

I'd love to see more close ups of your work as well.

Lawrence

Ike
11-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Well, even though attendance was down a little, this was the best craft fair I have had for Wood Wisdom. As for the best seller? Cribbage boards led by about 4 to one. Recipe boxes were second. We had a good assortment of items from signs to awards and even Photographs for sale. But they really liked the cribbage boards. They ranged in price from $40 to $70 each. Kathy and my son, James did most of the work.

Thank you Terry! Cribbage boards? I never made one! Well now I need a pattern for one! Time to search ! Thanks again! Oh glad you had a good show!

Ike

easybuilt
11-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the info Terry! You do beautiful work!

TerryT
11-12-2011, 09:20 PM
We did another craft fair today. It was the first of a two day event. We sold a few cribbage boards, second was the recipe boxes and third was a house address sign. Not bad but hope tomorrow is better.

Two other pics show the peg storage cut out I put on my cribbage boards. It is one by two by a half inch with a sliding door.

easybuilt
11-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Thats a beautiful display Terry! Sounds like your doing well in sales. Good luck tomorrow as well.
Thanks for sharing the peg storage box pic., thats a great idea.

b.sumner47
11-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Very nice display, good luck tomorrow.I've just about got all my parts cut out for Fire Dept. Bell. Looks good if I do say so myself.I'll keep you up to date.

Capt Barry

TerryT
11-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Six boards sold today. There were a bunch of inquires for custom signs. I usually hear from folks up to 3 or 4 months after a show so maybe we will get a few more orders.

jpaluck
11-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Very pro lookn set up Terry

easybuilt
11-13-2011, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the update Terry. Sounds like you had a good time and got some sales. I hope I do as well next weekend and thank you for your advise.

TerryT
11-14-2011, 05:26 AM
You are welcome Tom. Let me know what sells on your side of the state.

GrammaPam
11-14-2011, 10:00 AM
At the risk of sounding repetitive, well. no. it's worth repeating... Really nice looking booth and great workmanship.
G.P.

TerryT
11-14-2011, 12:45 PM
At the risk of sounding repetitive, well. no. it's worth repeating... Really nice looking booth and great workmanship.
G.P.

Why, thank ya ma'am.

TerryT
11-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Congrats, I'm glad this was a good show for you. It looks like you were prepared and your setup looks great.

I'd love to see more close ups of your work as well.

Lawrence

Hmmm.... I might have a picture or two to share. LOL

The Dylan board was a custom order. The 12 and 14 inch round boards were just bearly out of the CW.

TerryT
11-23-2011, 12:03 PM
Here are a couple of clocks that sold at the last craft fair. And an award plaque we made for a special order awhile back. And a closeup or two.
The bull rider clock was ordered as a gift for the mother of two former bull riders.

TerryT
11-23-2011, 12:12 PM
The Merlot Clock was ordered as a Christmas gift for a wine lover. These clocks are approximately 21 inches tall by 12 wide and use a 3 inch clock insert.

Kenm810
11-23-2011, 12:12 PM
Great projects Terry, love the Clocks and award Plaque,
plus your second photo of the American Eagle Board is Absolutely Gorgeous!

Ps. We had the first ice on the fish pond this week,
so I cut back the Water Irises and fired up the bubbler and heater.
Water temps are in the 40's already -- looks like it might be a Long Winter.

henry1
11-23-2011, 01:00 PM
The Merlot Clock was ordered as a Christmas gift for a wine lover. These clocks are approximately 21 inches tall by 12 wide and use a 3 inch clock insert.
What you sell a clock like that I like
Henry

TerryT
11-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the kind words Ken.

Yep, winter is here also. We have some of the ponds covered to keep them warmer, all the airstones are going and the heater is running in the tanks in the fish house. Thats where we keep this years crop of baby koi and goldfish. We spawned Red and white Ryukins this year and have severel hundred left after culling.

TerryT
11-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Hi Henry,
If you are talking about the retail price at a craft show, we start them at $119, on the second day they can go as low as $89 so I don't have to pack them up and bring them home. Of course that includes the 3 inch clock insert and any customizing they may want.

If you are talking about the project MPC it is $19.99 on our website.

henry1
11-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Hi Henry,
If you are talking about the retail price at a craft show, we start them at $119, on the second day they can go as low as $89 so I don't have to pack them up and bring them home. Of course that includes the 3 inch clock insert and any customizing they may want.

If you are talking about the project MPC it is $19.99 on our website.
I see the bull rider clock ,, can you change it to put grape instead and other designe on it

TerryT
11-24-2011, 11:51 AM
I see the bull rider clock ,, can you change it to put grape instead and other designe on it

I have the two projects shown above (bullrider and merlot clock) on my website, but yes, you can put any pattern you like on them. Or I can make it with a different pattern on it if you would like.

henry1
11-24-2011, 12:24 PM
I have the two projects shown above (bullrider and merlot clock) on my website, but yes, you can put any pattern you like on them. Or I can make it with a different pattern on it if you would like.
I was woudring if you coulld alter them but I like the one with the merloe and graps
henry