PDA

View Full Version : HELP - Raising Raster Lettering over Contoured Object

Brad Wardman
11-04-2011, 05:19 PM
First, I really shouldnt post the file, as I have sevaral purchased elements in it...so I will describe the best I can....

I am making a sign with a "plaque" at the bottom, a "deer head" mounted to the plaque (protruding contour to the front of the plaque and extending above the plaque....like a deer head would be mounted to a wall mount). Then, I have "raised lettering" that goes OVER (in front of/protruding toward the eye) the plaque and deer head/neck. (so 3 elements of concern (plaque/head/lettering)

Right now, the lettering is contoured (raised a set amount above every part of the base contour)...say 1/8" above the plaque area and then only 1/8" above the high point of the deer neck. At one point, I had it so ALL the front of the lettering was the SAME HEIGHT (on the same plane). Thus the lettering at the edge of the p[laque was much thicker than the lettering at the center (over the deer neck) but the surface of the letters were all flush to the surface of the board.

I want it back that way !!! I have tried every imaginable combination of heights, depths, merging and clipping and cant seem to get it back the way I want it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is my first "paying" order.

Brad

chief2007
11-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Highlight the pattern the text gores across, then lower the height of the pattern, then highlight the font adjust the depth and the height. you might need to raise the depth of raising the height of the letter doesn't work.

This should get you where you want to be. You will need to play with it a bit to make sure you it carves ok. If you still have problems let me know and I will pm you my email so you can send your project and I can try to get it set up for you.

I am doing a 5 foot propeller with raster lettering over the contour of the prop, and have it set up. Ran a smaller model worked like a charm.

Hope this helps