PDA

View Full Version : has anyone mastered the coreldraw software yet?

menewfy
01-19-2007, 05:47 PM
I have not mastered it yet and while i know it will take some time to get to know how it all works.

What I would like to know is if someone has mastered it to the point that any image or pic would take less than 5 mins to manipulate and get done and ready for designer, not in designer but maybe in coral.

I would be willing to pay to get these designs ready as long as they are ready to go, i am thinking I would like to make some money with my unit right away and then I will learn enough about coral to do it myself afterwards.

you can pm me if you want to talk to specifics.
thanks
tim

BobHill
01-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Tim,

Although CorelDraw as well as the other vector graphic programs normally mentioned in the forum are great and will do great work, none of those have an automatic ability to give the exact gradient shades of gray for carving because it's intended for looks, not carving depth in the programs. Thus you have to work manually todo it and the more complex the design, the more time it'll take. There is a softward program, however, that supposedly does have the ability and also there are people who own it who will create one for you. It's a pretty costly program and their products are pretty good, but also are a tad costly for custom ones.

Check into www.artcam.com

Bob

menewfy
01-19-2007, 09:46 PM
thanks BOB I have looked at the site and I will agree it is costly, however right now I am basically looking for someone who is good with corel that can get rid of the background stuff and make the image crisp so that there are less issues when carving.

So if someone knows how and wants to make a little on the side give me a buzz, there are a lot of things it will do that i dont know how to use and i am in the place where i just want to see it work and I dont want to wait forever to see the results.

thanks for the reply
tim

Jon Jantz
01-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Menewfy,

I've redone several logos in Coreldraw for a couple of folks here on the forum... shoot a couple over to me and I'll help out...

Later,
Jon Jantz