PDA

View Full Version : Going Deeper & Lines!!

mannwranglers
10-31-2011, 04:45 PM
A little help,
I cannot figure out why my CW is doing this....I've tightened the roller bearings on the Z Truck, cleaned the rollers on the head, went under the machine and tightened all 4 phillip head screws, tightened all 4 bolts to the rails on the head..... And still it starts to deeper after about 6 to 10 minutes of carving, causing bad carving lines on the board.

If anyone has had this problem, please let me know.... I've alot of clock orders for this coming Christmas to do..... Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
George,
SC

edzbaker
10-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Every time I have experienced that, it was dust in the Z-Motor encoder. But my machines are "A" and "B" models. I don't know if the "C" can get dust in it. (if you have a C model)
someone else will chime in soon with better assistance..

Ed

b.sumner47
10-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Did you make sure your machine is Level ?

Capt Barry

Digitalwoodshop
10-31-2011, 09:13 PM
We have bounced email back and fourth.... The usual things are not fixing it....

AL:evil:

SteveNelson46
11-01-2011, 01:06 PM
George

The only time this has happend to me was when the bit slipped in the pressed on sleeve (carvetight chuck). When it first happened the bit and the sleeve appeared normal but, on the next carve, the bit slipped a little more after a few minutes into the carve. check the bit carefully to see if it has slipped.

ktjwilliams
11-11-2011, 11:21 PM
My bit slipped also when I was using the QC...

Digitalwoodshop
11-12-2011, 12:58 PM
I believe it is fixed.... He replaced the Z Motor as the final fix... He did order some FFC Cables too... Got a email from him today that the carving came out well and will be searching out info on doing a Litho.

AL