PDA

View Full Version : I have a pattern I want to post

jiml
10-28-2011, 09:28 PM
How do I post a pattern? I tried to search "How to post a pattern" in all word orders and no match.
If somebody could help it would be appreciated. I get lost in computers easily so you need to type real slow.

AskBud
10-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Under the text box is a option titled "ADVANCED", Click it.
Further down the page, you will find "MANAGE ATTACHMENTS".
I could continue but My signature, below, has a "Download" link with a lesson titled "Attachments-Revised 7-9-2010" which shows the entire process.
AskBud

jiml
10-28-2011, 10:36 PM
Bud,
When I try to open your lessons i get a black screen and the audio. It doesn't matter if I use the Windows Media Player or open Google Chrome the result is the same, a normal looking screen in all respects except the center field is black and audio is fine.

jiml
10-28-2011, 11:11 PM
48502mask pattern

Kenm810
10-29-2011, 08:20 AM
jiml,

Thanks for the mask file, -- Nice Job

CarverJerry
10-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Why do I get a message about the height being raised to advoid damage to the machine and what does it mean? Did the designer automatically change things on this carving?

CJ

AskBud
10-29-2011, 10:27 AM
Why do I get a message about the height being raised to advoid damage to the machine and what does it mean? Did the designer automatically change things on this carving?

CJIf you look at the depth of the pattern, you will see that it is .808 which is deeper than what can be carved. You need to change the depth before loading to the memory card.
AskBud

jiml
10-29-2011, 09:14 PM
When I first carved this a couple of years ago the warning was not generated and the carving went clear through the corners of the mouth so the mask looked a little more evil. Maybe the updated versions of software won't let you carve as deeply?

AskBud
10-29-2011, 09:23 PM
When I first carved this a couple of years ago the warning was not generated and the carving went clear through the corners of the mouth so the mask looked a little more evil. Maybe the updated versions of software won't let you carve as deeply?It's very possible that you could do the same thing. Just change the pattern thickness to .800, change the board thickness to .800 or less, and apply the "Pierced" concept.
AskBud