PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Board Sensor

Darthmaul1964
10-25-2011, 10:20 AM
I finally got my board sensor removed (one of the screws must have been cross threaded as it would not come lose and I ended up trashing the screw head before getting it out-no big deal, I can get a new screw) have followed the advice to open it up and clean out led chamber. Still have to put it back together to see if it works. But just wondered where do I get a replacement sensor and how much do they cost? Mine does not look too bad but notice the lense over one of the LEDs is not as clear as the other side. I was only getting a 20 on the sensor test over white paper before I took it out. We'll see what I get when its back together.

lynnfrwd
10-25-2011, 10:25 AM
$23 plus s&h.

Darthmaul1964
10-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Thanks. Where do I order it from?

lynnfrwd
10-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Call Customer Support at 713-473-6572 to place parts order.

Digitalwoodshop
10-25-2011, 07:46 PM
If you can swing it, order the common failure items you will need to save on shipping...

Cut Motor Brushes Every 250 Cut Hours
FFC Cable Recommend to have 2 in stock. They get damaged easily.
Sand Paper Belts if you are using them.

All help keep the Shipping Cost down... Pay once and stock up or add shipping to each order... Ouch....

Make sure the white paper test is cranked down..... on the paper.... A Bad FFC Cable can cause Board Sensor Problems too...

I always recommend ordering the Board Sensor Cable. Used for Testing as the most common Board Sensor Fault is NOT Broken LED's but pinched wires.... With a spare sensor and the spare cable you can plug the new sensor on top to check the FFC Cable...

AL