PDA

View Full Version : ROSEWOOD (Brazilian ?) Pen Turning & Longer BLANKS 1x1 - 40 cents an Inch

Brad Wardman
10-24-2011, 06:56 PM
A special for my Carvewright family....

I have several pieces of this ROSEWOOD (Believed Brazilian Pre-Ban...see info below pics), it would make great pen turning/roundwork blanks. It is 1x1, but we will call it 7/8 square to be safe. I will gladly cut to length for you up to 22". Have some wider pieces too, as well as some marbled with sapwood...email if interested.

Price for the 1" square will be ...40 cents per inch, plus ACTUAL shipping (1st class or priority w/ DC) to your USA address....WILL NOT SHIP OUT OF THE USA, due to CITES law, etc. Paypal or Money Order, I am a longtime (auction site) powerseller. Email for fastest response - bgs@centurytel.net or send me a PM here.

Brad

Pics of some I have on auction and some of the heart & marbled pieces.

This is the wood discussed in forum here: http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?19357-Exotic-Wood-Identification

WHERE DID THIS WOOD COME FROM ? - The wood came from the workshop of a furniture maker who passed in the 1980's. This wood was stored in crates in his workshop.
IS THIS REAL BRAZILIAN ROSEWOOD ? - We believe that this is pre-ban, old growth Brazilian rosewood (Dalbergia nigra). WHY ? (1). The crates we uncovered were marked "B. Rosewood" ; (2). The porosity of the endgrain structure shows sparsely spaced pores, comparible to Brazilian; (3). Samples have been reviewed by 2 "in person" evaluations and 2 online photo evaluations by exotic lumber dealers; (4). Attempts at a flourescence test showed NO glowing of the wood in either water or alcohol; (5). The woods scent is sweet & rich, as should be.....The only other input we had was from someone who believed the wood could be Madagascar Rosewood.