PDA

View Full Version : warning when i try to upload

howsharbell
01-19-2007, 10:53 AM
When I try to upload my (first :shock: ) project i get a warning window.

It says "the carvings in this project are arranged in a way that may interfere with the machines mechanics requiring a manuel or automatic jug specifically: wide cuts across the width of the board may interfere with the compression rollers."

Can anyone translate for me?

I'm dying to get this thing crankin'.....

pkunk
01-19-2007, 11:02 AM
I just means that your project is too wide. The rollers need a bearing surface. You can reduce the size, increase the width of the board (board stretchers are handy :D ) or let the machine reduce it as needed.

BobHill
01-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Or, to add to Pkunk's post, you can make a sled which will fit your needs allowing the rollers to rest on the sled, but the carving/cutting is only done on the wood as you've sized it. Do a SEARCH for SLEDS or CARRIERS and you'll get an idea of what they are and how they are made. If you can't find the posts just ask and another "how to" can be posted.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

howsharbell
01-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Sorry i'm really not this slow... i tried decreasing the width of the sign to only 18 inches from 24. this didn't help. My sign is only 24 X 5 3/4 it seems wierd that that would require a sled. Thanks for your input....i'll get the hang of this.

Shari

steevo
01-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Not sure if this will help, but I had this happen once. I had put a beveled edge on the project. When I removed the bevel it was fine. I was carving a prebeveled board so I had forgotten to remove the one I added to view the project.

Jeff_Birt
01-19-2007, 01:05 PM
If you use the Auto-Jig feature it will take care of this for you, but you will need a board that is at least 1" wider and 7" longer than your board in Designer. I am in the middle of a carving now on a 1"x12" (actually .75"x 11.25") stock. I set the board in Designer to 10" wide and 1/2" longer than my design on each end. When I uploaded it to the card I chose Auto-Jig and the machine takes care of the rest.

howsharbell
01-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks for your patience everyone! I'm heading out to the shop, memory card in hand...wish me luck... :D

auriclux
03-08-2008, 11:54 AM
AHA!

Had this problem. Here's the answer. Or an answer. Or two answers.

(Whatsis too wide thing? And why do I want to build a sled again?)