PDA

View Full Version : GIMP Tutorial #4

Alan Malmstrom
10-21-2011, 10:17 PM
This is all outdated. New Versions of the software have come out and I have not kept up with them.

Alan

Deolman
10-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Alan, I can see you have put a lot of effort and time into the tutorials you have created so far. I have briefly looked over them and they look great! Thank you for your efforts.

lawrence
10-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Enjoy indeed-- very nice job again from what I can tell at first glance. I'll be reading this at my leisure later tonight.

Thanks for taking the time to do this,
Lawrence

b.sumner47
10-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Thanks, Allen ,much appreciated.

Capt Barry

eelamb
10-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Thanks Alan, I too am collecting your documents, and they have been very informative.

easybuilt
10-28-2011, 12:10 AM
Thanks so much Alan. Your tutorials are very informative.

dcalvin4
10-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Alan
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time explain this to me
This is BETTER than taking a class at a college as I would be forced to learn all aspects of the Adobe type class when in reality I only want to learn what you are teaching
May you should name your class ''Gimp for Dummies''
Denny

dltccf
10-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Or maybe "Gimp for woodies"

Alan
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time explain this to me
This is BETTER than taking a class at a college as I would be forced to learn all aspects of the Adobe type class when in reality I only want to learn what you are teaching
May you should name your class ''Gimp for Dummies''
Denny

Jcpb321
11-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Alan, Thanks for the wonderful tutorials and looking forward to more, I think I may finally be getting some of this in my dumb head!

Is anyone else having trouble with attachments #4 and #5? I get an error, contact administrator!

I don't see the pdf icon next to the attachment # like it is on #1, #2 and #3.

dbfletcher
12-09-2011, 07:37 PM
I like your tutorials, although I will admit I have not bought any yet. I have no issues with you trying to market your knowledge, but I'm also the type of person who will would rather sit down and muddle thru things for hours than pay for something. That being said, your $5 and now $3 is really a great bargain. I most likely will buy them after the holiday (i know.. u wanted the $ to help with the holiday). I applaud your efforts and I know you will probably never get a fair "rate" for your time. I guess that is why I have always taken the stand of just giving everything away. I figured the moment I start charging for anything, then I'll start feeling bitter about this hobby. In my mind it is just better to give away what I can and savor the appreciation from helping people out when I can.

Let me say one more time though, I see nothing wrong with marketing your tutorials... and I really do think they are a steal. I do hope you will continue to make them and I'm nearly positive I'll be sending you a donation regardless at some point. I'm sure it is frustrating feeling like your efforts are not being appreciated.

Ton80
12-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Alan, I was one of the people that purchased your Tutorials. It's good stuff and time is money and if you invest a lot of time in putting together something you can charge for it. Some people will purchase other won't. It's just a matter of finding what the majority want to spend. I think for the info presented $3 is quite fair. Honestly, I just haven't had the time to really open the tutorials I've downloaded yet because I've been busy trying to work on Christmas orders for customers. I'm definitely going to keep purchasing these for as long as you care to take the time and effort to create them. Hoping to have some time to dig in after these next few weeks fly by.

eelamb
12-09-2011, 10:53 PM
I just purchased 4 5 and 6 from Alan. as with the other tutorials I am sure they are great, and well worth the effort to read them, and learn from them. For anyone wanting to create pattern and not rely on others this is a great method to start the learning experience.

mtylerfl
12-10-2011, 07:41 AM
Alan's tutorials are really great. The step-by-step format and illustrated explanations make it easy for anyone to learn how to make many types of patterns using the FREE program GIMP, or whatever similar photo editing program they may already own. I've got all of Alan's tutorials (the first 3 are free, and I invested in the 4,5,6 tutorials). Of course, I will purchase the future versions as they become available.

I think they are quite impressive and appreciate the effort and time Alan is putting into his tutorial series to add a new dimension of FUN for the CarveWright community. Three dollars for each tutorial?...holy cow! Waaay under priced in my opinion. They are worth far more than that. Thanks, Alan for sharing your expertise and skill at such a bargain price!